Manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkies!

Reaction score
Hello!

How often do you all recommend clients should have manicures?

Thank you x

It all depends on the condition of their nails and cuticles.......nail biters for example would benefit from weekly manicures, as would nails that are peeling excessively. Cuticles that need a lot of work may need weekly for a time..... all these can then go onto every 2 weeks when the condtion has improved.....

It also depends on what sort of manicure you are performing........ a luxury spa manicure you would perhaps offer every 4 weeks (or 2 if you are brave!!) Also clients with dry skin would benefit from weekly hot oil or wax manicures until their condition improves.

Generally though I would imagine every 2-4 weeks

Hope this is of help.... the options are really up to you......... you'r clients hands will tell you....

xx Tamm

Mani-fique! said:
It all depends on the condition of their nails and cuticles.......nail biters for example would benefit from weekly manicures, as would nails that are peeling excessively. Cuticles that need a lot of work may need weekly for a time..... all these can then go onto every 2 weeks when the condtion has improved.....

It also depends on what sort of manicure you are performing........ a luxury spa manicure you would perhaps offer every 4 weeks (or 2 if you are brave!!) Also clients with dry skin would benefit from weekly hot oil or wax manicures until their condition improves.

Generally though I would imagine every 2-4 weeks

Hope this is of help.... the options are really up to you......... you'r clients hands will tell you....

xx Tamm
Thank you for that! I have been mobile for a while only offering quite a basic manicure as I 99% of the time I get asked to do nail extensions (& I only do a couple of those a week). In April I will be moving into a hairdressing salon & I get the feeling I will have a lot more call for natural nail treatments. If so then I will look into offering various manicures.

Thank you for your advice x

Pinkies! said:
Thank you for that! I have been mobile for a while only offering quite a basic manicure as I 99% of the time I get asked to do nail extensions (& I only do a couple of those a week). In April I will be moving into a hairdressing salon & I get the feeling I will have a lot more call for natural nail treatments. If so then I will look into offering various manicures.

Thank you for your advice x
Glad I could be of help.... makes a change as I'm usually the one asking advice instead of giving it!!

These are the sort of things I'm going to be offering:

file and paint (for those who hate doing their own), Basic (including cuticle work and paint), one that includes a hand massage and the spa manicure ( luxurious pampering one which exfoliates, moisturises and incudes hand and arm massage and hott mitts),

Any of these can include a hot wax treatment in addtion to help condtions such as dry skin or aching joints.

I've not thought of names for them all yet but you get the idea.... have a small variety of manicures to suit your clientele. If you have different types of manicures then if someone says 'how much do you charge for just painting' say then it will be easier for you to say then if you only offer one type of manicure and have to work out how much to charge for just painting.....

Just make sure that you don't blow their mind with tooooo much choice lol

Did that make sense lol

xx Tamm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back