Manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love providing manciures, the whole thing is so relaxing for me as much as for my client. I love the smells from the lotions and the cuticle oil and most of all the end result when your client walks out saying how relaxed they feel, how good their hands feel and a nice crisp french polish or colour. I provide Gel, L&P enhancements and Pedicures but manicures are my favourite treatment. My only problem is that I don't get many people asking for them anymore.

I love providing manciures, the whole thing is so relaxing for me as much as for my client. I love the smells from the lotions and the cuticle oil and most of all the end result when your client walks out saying how relaxed they feel, how good their hands feel and a nice crisp french polish or colour. I provide Gel, L&P enhancements and Pedicures but manicures are my favourite treatment. My only problem is that I don't get many people asking for them anymore.

I am with you - give me a manicure or pedicure anyday over enhancements!

Well from abusiness point of view I see i like this...... how many people do you see that are wearing nail enhancements???? How many are actually going the natures way???? Read some of the magazines natural nails are on the up.
Why direct your expertise at just some of the market????? If you offer manicures as well as enhancements you have a much greater scope for additional income and infact you can corner the whole "Beautiful Nails are the must have fashion addition"......

I love enhancements with a passion, but natural nail care is also so rewarding.....lotions and potions, the yummy smell, going the extra mile and making a manicure a service to be remembered........... Rose manicure for example..... rose petals in a lovely glass bowl, little fingers happily soaking being surrounded by little cute petals..... you get where I am coming from????? Manicures don't have to be boring or unsatisfying.... if you don't like doing them, clients soon pick up on this and will never bother asking you again.... thats money down the drain.....

I am a full service Nail Stylist, thats what I do I style nails, enhanced or natural, its my job, well it is more than that ... I have a passion for hands, but also my clients well being is of the utmost importance.....its not just the end result, yes a great paint job is essential, but the whole manicure expirience can be complete therapy for some poor stressed out Lady. I make them feel and look good and hey I get paid for that........ win win in my book ..

JMHO

I am, to be unpc, a natuarlist (only do natural nails, but am training in enhancements now) and find it a little insulting that you feel there is no wow factor in manicures.

Doing an old lady who used to have beautiful nails and helping her get them long and strong again is an amazing experience.

Getting anyone who thinks they have ugly hands to flounce them about everywhere because they realise they are beautiful is so satisfying.

Seeing someone smile and not know when to stop thanking you because they are so pleased with their natural nails is fantastic.

Putting a few funky stickers on 10 and 12 year olds nails and helping them grow up looking after their nails is wonderful.

Helping someone who has had horrifically applied extensions actually have nail again, be able to touch things without feeling that their fingers are going to burn off is great.

But obviously its up to you, just please be a little more considerate to other peoples feelings, we are all pasionate people and although we MAY come across as negative we just want to protect our industry that we are at the moment defending almost constantly.

Becki xxx

i dont know why...i know its important and is great to see the end result...i think maybe its not satisfying enough for me because its not so much of a transformation as when you do an enhancement. I dont think manicures really get the "wow" factor the same as enhancements can.
I could not possibly disagree with this statement more.
I've done lots of "wow" manicures.
I've also helped many clients grow their own natural nails, when they never thought it was possible.
What could be more satisfying then that?

sorry! for goodness sake you lot...am i not entitled to my own opinion...my statement was stating how i find them NOT everybody else...we are all different people we all have our own dislikes and likes..and i personally dont get as much out of them as doing enhancements!

sorry! for goodness sake you lot...am i not entitled to my own opinion...my statement was stating how i find them NOT everybody else...we are all different people we all have our own dislikes and likes..and i personally dont get as much out of them as doing enhancements!

Best thing to do is not offer it as a service if you don't like it hun.

of course you are hun, but so are we......there are a lot of passionate geeks here who are the bee's knees at natural nail care, geeks are only defending their profession......and the basis of a good nail technician even if you only share the love of enhanceing is also to share the love of the whole process...from natural nail prep through to finishing.
just my opinion

I Love doing nails..extensions, art etc etc but find simple manicures boring and unsatisfying...is it essential that you have thorough knowledge on providing basic manicure and pedicure treatments when thats not really want you want to do?
Personally, I think it is very important to have a thorough knowledge of providing basic mani and pedi. So my answer to this is yes, even if you do not want to pursue this long term! I think it is a good foundation to have as you may have clients wanting extensions, who also want a pampering massage and parafin wax.

What about a client who wants her extensions removed because she wants to go the natural route for a while? Enhancement removal is usually followed by a mini manicure/pedicured. If you are not able to provide this service properly, then the client may go elsewhere for her mani/pedi and you will lose your client permenantly!

i dont know why...i know its important and is great to see the end result...i think maybe its not satisfying enough for me because its not so much of a transformation as when you do an enhancement. I dont think manicures really get the "wow" factor the same as enhancements can.
As has already been said, many of us have seen the wow factor and transformation from these services.
Yes you are entitled to your opinion ........ but so are others. You have received some invaluable advice here, including business advice. Do you really want to risk your clients having to go elsewhere?

You are only just starting out and some geeks who have been in this business for years (and manage their own salons) have answered your initial question based on their experience.

Nobody is trying to have a go at anybody else here except to share their experience and enthusiasm and help to answer your qestion.

Latest posts

Back