Manicures

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

collins

Reaction score
I'm trying to expand my manicure range. I currently only offer a luxury manicure-full hour manicure including hand massage and french paint etc. I also offer the basic and a parrafin wax manicure. I'm interested in the hot oil manicure but not sure where to get the oil from, as i've never seen a manicure oil or do you use a massage oil? Also how do you heat the oil? Could I use my parrafin wax heater? or have you any other suggestions.

I've ordered some heated mitts so I can use them as an alternative to soaking if people have dry nails. What other forms of manicure could I offer?

Also at the moment i'm using salon solution products for my manicure and pedicures, as I can get these products easily locally. They seem OK and I can't really afford to change at the moment, although I whould love to offer jessica man & peds. Has anyone else used salon solutions, if so how have you got on with them. Looking and the new addition of PN mag they've just released a new range of natural nail treatments for different types of problem nails.

Jessica are a very popular range of products for prescriptive amnicures and always have been. They are very nice people and their customer service is 2nd to none ... they have won many awards for this!

Look at the Creative SpaManicure too. This manicure is pure luxury and also is a facial for the hands as well as amazing for all types of nails and conditions. All the beautiful oils are part of this range too as well as many othe treatments.

Before you ask, a class is available for free with the purchase of the kit so that you will know all the different ways you can use the system and you'll get a SpaManicure yourself too on the day.

Geeg - am I right (probably not!) that you only get the course free if you buy the kit from the OSNS - or do you still get it if you order direct from Leeds? xxx

collins said:
I'm trying to expand my manicure range. I currently only offer a luxury manicure-full hour manicure including hand massage and french paint etc. I also offer the basic and a parrafin wax manicure. I'm interested in the hot oil manicure but not sure where to get the oil from, as i've never seen a manicure oil or do you use a massage oil? Also how do you heat the oil? Could I use my parrafin wax heater? or have you any other suggestions.

I've ordered some heated mitts so I can use them as an alternative to soaking if people have dry nails. What other forms of manicure could I offer?

Also at the moment i'm using salon solution products for my manicure and pedicures, as I can get these products easily locally. They seem OK and I can't really afford to change at the moment, although I whould love to offer jessica man & peds. Has anyone else used salon solutions, if so how have you got on with them. Looking and the new addition of PN mag they've just released a new range of natural nail treatments for different types of problem nails.

I persoanlly dont like the Salon Solutions range we used it a college and their massage cream is so greasy, and not a very nice perfume in my option....I do love the Bella mani range, their peach exfoliation srub is fabulours, I have to say its not expensive and really works my clients do love it...I also use the Pinnancle their Kiwi and Hemp manicure creams and oils just smell devine....

and to make it a supper duper manicure I use parafin wax which is an extra £4.00 on top of £15.00

Kitten said:
Geeg - am I right (probably not!) that you only get the course free if you buy the kit from the OSNS - or do you still get it if you order direct from Leeds? xxx
It is my understanding that The Free courses are held at the distributors or One Stop Nail Shops, so you are correct in that.

collins said:
I'm interested in the hot oil manicure but not sure where to get the oil from, as i've never seen a manicure oil or do you use a massage oil? Also how do you heat the oil? Could I use my parrafin wax heater? or have you any other suggestions.
Here in the states we were trained that when doing a hot oil manicure, the "hot oil" was actually warmed massage lotion. We have little warming machines that hold a plastic cup full of lotion. (Not very expensive). Just thought I'd add my two cents!!

I have just received my SpaManicure kit and am mightily impressed (as is hubby as i practised on him). The fragrance is GORGEOUS all citrusy and very energising especially the finishing cream. As I bought mine over the phone I didn't get the course but I did get the video which was very good also.

I definitely recommend it.

Hey there from the land where every freaking thing is big :)

You can use lotion, though IMO you will get better results from an oil. The more its heated up, the faster and easier it is to penetrate into the nails and skin.
The great thing about oil in the plate is that its more difficult to get out. Therefore it helps moisture to build up within the nail.

That my friends is a damn good thing ;)

What type of oil would you use??? We weren't ever taught anything other than lotion... That's the great thing about this site, there's always new information!!

How do you use the oil in the manicure as I was never taught how to use in oil when I was taught manicures, I would be interested to find out if anyone can help, at the moment I offer a creative Solar manicure and a Creative Spa manicure both of which are great but I would be grateful if someone could enlighten on how to use oil.:confused:

We offer hot stone manicures and pedicures.

ACTUALLY, it's more like the stones are an add-on to any pedicure/manicure whether it is a deluxe mani/pedi or a regular mani/pedi. Basically we perform the service as normal up to the point of massage. Then we use aromatherapy oils to massage the forearm and hands. Then we take the heated stones and perform manipulations over the forearm and hand....... it takes you into orbit!

tanyamoniq said:
What type of oil would you use??? We weren't ever taught anything other than lotion... That's the great thing about this site, there's always new information!!
You couldn't beat using SolarOil from Creative. Everyone knows this product and it does what it says it does. Nothing but pure light botanical oils and you can retail it after so clients can 'keep up the good work'.

Hi Clare and all

I am at beauty college at the moment and the way we are taught to do a hot oil manicure is:

Put some almond oil (or if client is allergic to nuts, you can buy avocado oil) - not cheap though - in a small bowl, then put that into another bigger bowl that has some hot water in it. Be careful not to put too much water into the bowl, because when the client puts their fingers in it and pushes it down, the water might overflow into the oil. It is up to you whether you want to put cuticle cream on the cuticles before dipping. It is not necessary because the oil softens the cuticles anyway. We are taught NOT to use cuticle remover as this dries the nails which defeats the purpose of the hot oil treatment. Just push the cuticles back with an orange stick or hoof and then use the oil to do the massage. And that's it. We don't use heated mitts at college but I can imagine that this would be an added bonus. Don't varnish the nails after the treatment for 12-24 hours.

Hope this helps.

geeg said:
You couldn't beat using SolarOil from Creative. Everyone knows this product and it does what it says it does. Nothing but pure light botanical oils and you can retail it after so clients can 'keep up the good work'.
I thought Solar Oil was just cuticle oil? Or do they also make a massage oil?

Latest posts

Back