Manicurist

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samathiyy

Reaction score
Do you find that you make money/can have a career as a manicurist rather than doing acrylic nails?
I'm looking at offering more manicures, shellac and nail art as I really don't enjoy doing acrylics.
Does this work for you?

I'm literally just starting out in the same way so it would be good to get more experienced advice on that here.
Good luck, I'm finding the whole experience quite exciting :)

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm literally just starting out in the same way so it would be good to get more experienced advice on that here.
Good luck, I'm finding the whole experience quite exciting :)

Sent from my HTC One SV using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm the same! I have an idea and a possible place to rent and start but I think I'm making excuses for myself because I'm scared!! How are you getting on?

I suppose its possible, if you aim your advertising at the right people. Majority of my clients only have l&p. i have 2 people for pedicures & thats it. Hopefully when i get my pro polish sorted i will get more manis. I'm sure its possible though hin. Good luck x

I make a living from just doing natural nails :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been mobile since last October and in a salon since February and not once have I been asked for anything other than shellac on natural nails, which is all I do. I don't advertise the fact that I don't do acrylics I just don't get asked. Perhaps it's early days but I don't find it a problem just doing manicures using shellac (I don't even get asked for normal polish either). I think it may go on the area you're working in, and what type of people maybe?

i have been open now for just over 2 years and for nails i just do manicures & pedicures and CND Shellac, in the past i have done a Bio Sculpture gel nail course but i just didn't like doing nail extensions,

i have never really been asked for acrylics or gels most clients have always complained about how they have damaged their nails in the past and are only requesting manicures with shellac finish x

I haven't been open long (just over 4 months), but as of now majority of my clients are Shellac, regular manicures and pedicures. I do gel and acrylic also, and have a few regular gel clients, but have not done one acrylic. People just don't ask for extensions for some reason (although I do have them on display). I didn't plan it this way, I actually love doing extensions. So it just depends on clientele. If you advertise natural nail treatments-that's the type of clientele you will attract. I don't see anything wrong with not doing extensions (although it is nice to know how to just in case you need to do it!).

I'm sure if you aim at the right client base you'll be fine :)
I do a lot of L&P but I did that first although many of my clients love a good pedi with shellac!

I'm going to have to do a little more training for my acrylics/gel but until I get up and go with (hopefully) clients I can't afford to spend any more money on l&p, it's just not worth it currently.
Thanks for the replies! I'll definitely make an effort to aim at the right people - I have an idea and am just hoping to works!!!

Hi I too am hoping to aim my mobile business to just natural nails, I am calgel trained but not sure if I will go with them for coloured gels or shellac, have tried gelicure but had some staining which was hard to get off and lasted a few days so not sure about them. shellac looks quiet good for what I can see and many rate them on here but ideally I would do without that if I could. Love the Vinylux stays on for a good week.

I only work with natural nails , i offer manicures pedicures, gel polish & nail art. I have trained in gels but most of the clients in my area love natural nails with gel polish & a bit of nail art. I also offer children's & teens nail pamper parties which are a great little money earner. Working on natural nails for me is so much nicer than working with nail enhancements, I have no filling dust , i spend less on products & i really did not get any pleasure from doing enhancements, i wore gels on my nails once & really didn't like them & the whole process. I think if you ask around you area see what people are wearing on thier nails & don't be afraid of offering natural nails only ,as long as you can offer you clients a amazing service & make them aware of why this is your choice .Let them know how natural nails can look & feel wonderful ,hope this helps your decision 🌷😊

Latest posts

Back