ManiQ chipping - should I switch to Cuccio or hard gel?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi, I have a lady who has NNO and has very long nail beds and her tiny bit of free edge is always very thin and bendy and peels on occasion. I have been using ManiQ colour gel on her but it always chips on her (not on anyone else). We have tried a number of ways such as using more or less protein bond etc but have now come to the conclusion that ManiQ is just no good for her. So my question is:-
Should I switch her to Cuccio soak off gel instead as it seems a bit stronger than ManiQ or do you think she would be better off with hard gel instead???? (I use NCO London)

Which gel do you all use for long nail beds with bendy/thin/flaky free edge?????

Thank you xxxxxx

Do you use the maniq color gel of the naturel maniq. The maniq colour gels are not for strengthening the nails. Only to give the nn nails a colour. To give the nails strength i would first use the maniq naturel and on that the color gel. Then the nails are strong enough.

Hope it helps:)

Do you use the maniq color gel of the naturel maniq. The maniq colour gels are not for strengthening the nails. Only to give the nn nails a colour. To give the nails strength i would first use the maniq naturel and on that the color gel. Then the nails are strong enough.

Hope it helps:)

Hi, sorry I should have clarified, yes we've been using the ManiQ clear gel from the jar (and building an apex) before proceeding with the ManiQ colour but it still chips really badly xx

I also have a client with long nailbeds an thin free edge. I always make sure that i cap the free edge. Making a little bump. I also use the protien bond on the whole nails. But the thing is that as soon as the free edges are getting to long, the chipping begins. Now i keep the free edge very short and that works. If your client wants them longer or cant make it any shorter because of how the nails are, i think you need to start working with the builder gels.
I never have worked with other color gels so cant give you any advise on that one ,sorry

greeting:)

I also have a client with long nailbeds an thin free edge. I always make sure that i cap the free edge. Making a little bump. I also use the protien bond on the whole nails. But the thing is that as soon as the free edges are getting to long, the chipping begins. Now i keep the free edge very short and that works. If your client wants them longer or cant make it any shorter because of how the nails are, i think you need to start working with the builder gels.
I never have worked with other color gels so cant give you any advise on that one ,sorry

greeting:)

Hi, yes, she keeps the free edge really short and we've used protein bond on the whole nail and I always cap the free edge but still it chips!. So do you think I should try her on the hard gels (builder gels) instead then? Has your client had builder gel before?
Thanks

Hi, yes, she keeps the free edge really short and we've used protein bond on the whole nail and I always cap the free edge but still it chips!. So do you think I should try her on the hard gels (builder gels) instead then? Has your client had builder gel before?
Thanks

Yes, she hase had the builder gels and no problems what so ever. Its worth the try for your client. Don,t know if your brand hase a flexibel gel but that is what i use when the nails are very thin en flexibel. Your dont have to build that much of an apex. Have to say that i only use the flex gel when the nails are also very slim...is that the right word:rolleyes:
I think you should just try and see what works for her nails.

Yes, she hase had the builder gels and no problems what so ever. Its worth the try for your client. Don,t know if your brand hase a flexibel gel but that is what i use when the nails are very thin en flexibel. Your dont have to build that much of an apex. Have to say that i only use the flex gel when the nails are also very slim...is that the right word:rolleyes:
I think you should just try and see what works for her nails.

Thanks, what do you mean by a flexible gel? I just have a hard (buff off) builder gel - it is not flexible at all. Do you think that will be no good for these type nails then? x

Call me and I will send you a sample of clear sculptor and we can talk about using a harder gel
Id like to help

Lisa
Young Nails UK
01253 699 999

Call me and I will send you a sample of clear sculptor and we can talk about using a harder gel
Id like to help

Lisa
Young Nails UK
01253 699 999

Thankyou, I will do. She arrived tonight with more or less every nail chipped with the ManiQ so I have put her onto the NCO hard gel tonight and will see how she gets on. She has barely any free edge at the moment so I'm thinking that might help aswell. x

Mabye she works her nails to much. Bumps them alot. Then you did a good job by putting the builder gels on her nails. With Young Nails you have al kinds of gels so i hope Lisa can help you much more.

greeting;)

I had one client like this and I put 2 coats of the Protein bond on the free edge making sure I capped with that as well as the base, colour and top coat and she has been fine ever since! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back