ManiQ with polish updated steps?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

waffle4

Reaction score
Hi Geeks, i posted this in YN group but have yet to have a response so thought id try here. Ive had a clear out and discovered a brand new pot of ManiQ soak off gel and also a brand new ManiQ topcoat and basecoat (the bottle maniq) and would like to use these up with the nail polish mixing method. I tried the mixing method yonks ago but gave up as I had probs with soaking off, I now think this method has been updated and would be very grateful if someone could tell me the current step by steps please.

My old method was as follows (as per YN instructions I might add!)
1. Prep, dehydrate and gently remove shine from natural nail
2. Apply coat of protein bond over entire nail
3. Apply coat of ManiQ (pot) gel, cure 2 mins
4. Apply another coat of protein bond to ensure no shrinkage of the mix
5. Mix ratio 60/40 in favour of gel with a nail polish and apply and cure 2 mins
6. Apply 2nd coat of mixture and cure 2 mins
7. Apply thin coat of ManiQ (pot) to seal, remove inhibition layer and buff to high shine

Ok, this method probably went out with the ark so I'd be really, really grateful for updated steps please and any feedback on how well the mixture lasts and soaks off would be helpful too

Thanks Geekies xxx

Just bumping........

Hi Waffle, if you look in the gel polish lovers group there is a long thread about this. :)

Thanks Nicole
Yes saw the thread but wanted to clarify. Are people now using it with the maniQ topcoat (bottle) to mix as opposed to the maniQ pot gel then?
Also, are people applying it with a gel brush and not the bottle brush?
How does the mix store? Does the mix last well on fingers? Does it soak off easily?
Questions questions xxxx

Sorry, I hope someone can come along and clarify for you. I bought the topcoat and havn't tried any of it as yet, so can't help!

No probs! Thanks for replying, was getting a little lonely here...... Xx

Just had a thought...I emailed YN with my questions about their topcoat and was met with a fast and informative reply, by a lovely lady called Lisa, I think!

Might be worth a try this evening?

Yeah I'll give them a ring tomorrow
Thanks hun xx

I mix mine using the top coat and nail polish and follow the steps for ManiQ colour application. I don't have any problems with removal, which I thought I would at first due to the top coat being used in the mix.:wink2:

I mix mine using the top coat and nail polish and follow the steps for ManiQ colour application. I don't have any problems with removal, which I thought I would at first due to the top coat being used in the mix.:wink2:

Are you applying the mix with a gel brush or using the maniQ bottle brush?
Are you only applying protein bond to the free edge?
Are you dry brushing the basecoat before applying the mixture? Xx

Are you applying the mix with a gel brush or using the maniQ bottle brush?
Are you only applying protein bond to the free edge?
Are you dry brushing the basecoat before applying the mixture? Xx

i use a seperate gel brush , easy to clean, just wipe with ipa.
i only put pb on the free edge
the yn australia site is great and they have loads of brilliant downloads available. also have you looked through the 'notes' section of the US site.
these 2 sites have loads of hints and tips .

i use a seperate gel brush , easy to clean, just wipe with ipa.
i only put pb on the free edge
the yn australia site is great and they have loads of brilliant downloads available. also have you looked through the 'notes' section of the US site.
these 2 sites have loads of hints and tips .

Thanks rinn. I've only looked at the YN uk site. What's the web address for Australia and USA please? Xx

Thanks rinn. I've only looked at the YN uk site. What's the web address for Australia and USA please? Xx

youngnails.au
youngnails.com
don't forget the yn youtube tutorials...
enjoy.
notes on american yn fb are helpful

Last edited:
I use some spare nail polish brushes that I have kept from old polishes. I just clean them afterwards. I find they give a much better application than a gel brush for these mixes. I don't dry brush at all and I use the Protein Bond on the free edge unless I get a client who has a problem with keeping it on, only one so far, and then I apply it to the whole nail. :wink2:

Thanks ladies you've been really helpful. Gonna try out the mixing method in my daughter this week xx

Latest posts

Back