Manual tan application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pure

Reaction score
I know there are always lots of threads about spray tanning but does anyone offer manual application in their salon?

Having just started my level 3 one of the first things we have covered is tanning. In our kit we just have the Tan Truth one by Beauty Express. But I have found that I like the whole treatment and the tans I have done have come out well.:)

Which of the manual tans do you use, what are they like to apply and how popular are they?

Ta:green:

Hi,

I used to use spray tanning but stopped as it was more hassle than it was worth, as i didnt have a sepearate room from the beauty room. So now i only do manual self tanning using fake bake gold which i love its very easy to apply and the colour is great. I offer two choices with this i offer with or without exfolation and if its without i explain to them how to exfoliate and to do it the night before.

Thanks

Dee

I know there are always lots of threads about spray tanning but does anyone offer manual application in their salon?

Having just started my level 3 one of the first things we have covered is tanning. In our kit we just have the Tan Truth one by Beauty Express. But I have found that I like the whole treatment and the tans I have done have come out well.:)

Which of the manual tans do you use, what are they like to apply and how popular are they?

Ta:green:
We offer manual tanning in our salon,St Tropez,It's very popular and the colour is fantastic,no tangos with St Tropez.

I wouldn't say it's easy to apply,but not difficult either,it just takes a while to get used to it but once trained in the correct application it's just a matter of practice.

It lasts for approximately 7 -10 days and the exfoliation is included as well.I personally wouldn't want to leave this out(for a cheaper treatment)as tbh if the client dosn't do a thorough job herself/himself this can lead to a not so good outcome,i.e tan grabbing in the dry areas,knees etc.

It's a real pampering experience which lasts a whole hour,clients love the fact that they are exfoliated all over,and they enjoy that 'time for themselves feeling'.

St Tropez is a well know product which tbh sells itself.The only downside is for clients that dont have the time,in which case I think that's where spray tans come in handy HTH

i don't offer tanning at my salon, but my new beauty therapist is trained
in both spray tanning and hand applied. my question is do you need to
have a shower in the salon for removal of exfoliating? or do you use warm towels for the removal? i know it is a dumb question but it is all new to me.

with st tropez you use mitts and sponges to remove which you get in the kit

I have used fake bake for two years and am now using the gold its great clients love the colour. The only thing is it takes over an hour to do and i charge £30, now i am busy and find it hard to fit all my tanning clients in so have just bought the st tropez spray machine ( i would have gone for fake bake but their machines are not very reliable). I will keep doing the rub in tan but will put the price up as you can do 3 or 4 spray tans in the time it takes to do one rub in tan!

Thanks everyone for your reply.

Can I just ask djane why the tanning takes over an hour?

At college including the exfoliation we take no longer than 40 mins - and thats for the assessment, any longer and we get referred!

Thanks everyone for your reply.

Can I just ask djane why the tanning takes over an hour?

At college including the exfoliation we take no longer than 40 mins - and thats for the assessment, any longer and we get referred!
If you had St Tropez in to train you,in college, they tell you it takes an hour to carry out their treatment,so you wouldn't get failed.Different tanning applications require different techniques resulting in different timings,hth

For both at tropez and fake bake they say an hour for the treatment including the exfoliation. I might be really slow at applying it but i cant do it all in under an hour and never in 45 minutes!!

When I have applied St Tropez it is about an hour, exfoliation, moisturise apply, check etc...Is the Fake Bake a nicer smell?

Latest posts

Back