Manual tan recommendations please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bnc

Reaction score
Evening All

I have searched before posting, but can't find what I'm looking for.

I'm considering converting from spray to manual tanning for various reasons, one being that my beauty room is pretty small. I do have a small shower cubicle - not big enough for spray tanning, but useful for exfoliation treatments.

I've had a few clients say that they prefer manual tans, but none of them can remember product names.

Any recommendations?

Thank you in advance :)

me personally only every used st tropez manual tan altho havent used it since the ingredients changed but the old ingredients were great good coverage no streaking nice long lasting tan

Thanks for the reply, exquisite. I'll have a look at it.

Seems like there aren't many non-spray tanners about :|

....or are there? Anyone else? :)

You could use any cream, gel or mousse tanning product however, I'd recommend looking at the professional tanning companies and seeing what they have available in that format.

You will need something that blends easily onto the skin, with a colourguide so you can see where you have applied and tanning mitts for application.

Manual application is lot less forgiving than spray application though and every little area missing or product over applied will be noticeable. Do not forget same before and after care applies and take extra special care on knees, elbows, hands and feet as this is where manual application tends to show its downfalls.

Hi there
i have tried many manual tans and i have to say Laurens way is by far the easiest and simpliest to apply and lasts the longest! i simply love it!
always hated mousse but a convert now with Laurens way!
i hope that helps!!

Thanks for all your replies.

@Tan Envy, the 'less forgiving' bit is my only concern. I am pretty OCD when it comes to things like this though so I can't imagine I'll miss much!

@Bluebell, how long does an application take you, do you offer pre tan exfoliation and how faffy is it?

Latest posts

Back