Marble effect nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glittergirl

Blingin' Brummie Geek
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get marble effect with paint?

glittergirl said:
The best thing to do is paint the nail white first to give a good base coat.
Then drip the varnish or paint into the cold water, Let it spread out well before you dip the nail into it.You can use a small stick to swirl it around this will give a nice pattern. Also always do the light colours first.
HTH

Thanks hun,

gunna give it a go 2moz i'll let you know how i get on.

glittergirl said:
The other option is sponging which looks great - have you tried that?

No i havent how do you do it?

1. base nail with basecoat and base colour of choice
    [*]press the sponge, damp is best, in acrylic paint...........
    [*]press sponge on paper to remove excess paint............
    [*]press onto the nail................ just like when you sponge effect a wall............
    [*]then change colour and follow steps 2-4, then seal art with top coat............
Instructions courtesy of Ruth (NailsinLondon1)!

Thanx sweet,

I'm gunna have ago at it this week i'll let you know how i get on!

Thanks
Jodie

Still got to try this, haven't yet but Caz's ones looked really effective.

Well I had ago at sponging today and after 4 attempts it looked great done them white pink and blue.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">

glittergirl said:
Well I had ago at sponging today and after 4 attempts it looked great done them white pink and blue.

<FONT size=3><FONT face="Times New Roman">
Got some pics for us???

Yea i will try and put them on board tonite

glittergirl said:
Yea i will try and put them on board tonite
Cant wait - hurry up :)

You should put yours on here Caz to show everyone what you did. They do look good, go on you know you want to.

talented talons said:
You should put yours on here Caz to show everyone what you did. They do look good, go on you know you want to.
I cant post any more pics - i've run out of room in my gallery!!!

I love marble nails, so come on Carole ... you can post a pic here in the thread, lol!
Dying to see!

Glorsclaws said:
I love marble nails, so come on Carole ... you can post a pic here in the thread, lol!
Dying to see!
I didnt know i could do this! Thought i had to have pics in gallery!!! What do i do?

Carole,
click on post reply, scroll down, click manage attachments, click browse in the pop-up box, then upload ... looking forward to the pic!

Glorsclaws said:
Carole,
click on post reply, scroll down, click manage attachments, click browse in the pop-up box, then upload ... looking forward to the pic!
I dont have that option - its probably coz i'm not a premium geek so i'm afraid you're gonna have to imagine my pics or go to my website and have a look - they're on one of my galleries, lol!!

Caz, you can always take out a pic if its an old one and replace it with a new one in your gallery, thats what i did, that way you can update your pics if you do something better.

Saying that i doubt you can at the mo.....oops sorry Sam, i realise you are busy, trying to have your holiday, so keep having a good time and dont worry about the site.

Latest posts

Back