Marbled technique with Wella

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lea2721

Reaction score
Im looking at going back a natural base but want to similar tones and something that does not need regualar up keep to give my hair a rest, my friend went on a wella colour day course and she has mentioned the marble technique this is where you you part the hair straight down the middle and do diagonal strips of colours with 2 colours similar but slightly diffrent tones.
Has any one else heard of this?
I am trainee hairdresser but not doing it on my self but just intrigued to know if any one else as heard of this and if so will my salon and if not how do i explain it to them?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Been sent a i diagram now it makes sense still worried it cause strips and would still like to know if any one has used this way before c

Never heard of the marble tenchnique? Would you be able to post the diagram or take a photo and upload it? (sorry if I sound cheeky just intrigued haha) x

Never heard of the marble tenchnique? Would you be able to post the diagram or take a photo and upload it? (sorry if I sound cheeky just intrigued haha) x

Yes i will do x

picture.php

thats it basically they said this is a better alternative to a full head one colour, this will add depth and will still look natural and wella called it the marble technique x

If you are worried it will look stripey take a thin section over your parting and do it your base colour. x

If you are worried it will look stripey take a thin section over your parting and do it your base colour. x

yes true i could do that but the colours are not going to be all that different just want 2 shades similar and i was hoping that the salon could do this but i dont want to sound cheeky and go in there and tell them how to apply colour to my hair lol x

This would look nice and natural, i wouldn't think you was too cheeky if you asked me. Also they may appreciate it had they will learn s new technique.

This would look nice and natural, i wouldn't think you was too cheeky if you asked me. Also they may appreciate it had they will learn s new technique.

I suppose so shall i just mention it then show them the diagram if there not aware of it and yes thats true, wella said why do one colour when you can two acheive a whole better result and also your giving the client something special something they couldnt do at home which is true, i could do full head of colour my self now ive done my level 2 but just love going to a salon and didnt just want a flat colour i think this way is going to give that depth and tone im after.. X

They are a wella salon though so hopefully they will be aware of it thats why i just didnt want to feel awkward and then they be like why have we not heard of it lol x

Im looking at going back a natural base but want to similar tones and something that does not need regualar up keep to give my hair a rest, my friend went on a wella colour day course and she has mentioned the marble technique this is where you you part the hair straight down the middle and do diagonal strips of colours with 2 colours similar but slightly diffrent tones.
Has any one else heard of this?
I am trainee hairdresser but not doing it on my self but just intrigued to know if any one else as heard of this and if so will my salon and if not how do i explain it to them?

Great technique! You choose say a 10/16, and 9/16. These are not the actual colours, just hypothetical. You start with one section and paint it with 10/16, then the section after that apply 9/16. Do this throughout the whole head! It creates a 3D effect from the Trend Vision from last year :D FAB results!

Great technique! You choose say a 10/16, and 9/16. These are not the actual colours, just hypothetical. You start with one section and paint it with 10/16, then the section after that apply 9/16. Do this throughout the whole head! It creates a 3D effect from the Trend Vision from last year :D FAB results!

Oooh sounds amazing will i get away with not having roots done for 8-12 weeks im thinking so as long as the two colours are as close to my natural colour, so glad you have heard of it im hoping the salon will have to xx

Oh sorry just relised you gave me advice on my other post i really arnt a pest ;-) lol x

looks like a fab technique- you could always zig zag the centre partin to give it a bit more texture. good luck!

do you put a foil in between? or just lay colour on top of each other

do you put a foil in between? or just lay colour on top of each other

Oops of course yeah, forgot to mention that part :O, yeah this will just stop any bleed :) Just lay the foil over the top of the section after youve finished painting it. :)

Oops of course yeah, forgot to mention that part :O, yeah this will just stop any bleed :) Just lay the foil over the top of the section after youve finished painting it. :)

Do you think you would need to use foils on the wella demonstration they did not use it and said it isnt necessery they started at the nape of the neck and worked up x

i have done this many moons ago, if the tones and depths are very similar i think u would get away without using foil as you are not going to change gloves every section anyway

Latest posts

Back