Market for eyelash extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

M00min

Reaction score
Hi all

I'm one of those people that's never satisfied lol - always wanting to learn more - and I know I'm not alone on this site!

I've been intrigued about eyelash extension for some time and plan to have a set done on myself before xmas to see what all the fuss is about!

I'm trying to make a business case for training to do them but it just seems that it's just not a big thing in my area. Those that are offering it mobile (and there are like three or four people I can find) are charging no more than £40 for a full set.

I'm in my early 30s and know lots of (vain lol) 20 and 30-something women with money to spend (friends, work colleagues, clients etc) - but none have had eyelash extensions. Two have had them for a wedding - that's it.

Is it just that we're all a bit slow lol, or do eyelash extensions just not take off in some areas? I just can't see many people paying £60-£80+ for them in my area - and it's hardly deprived. Should I lead a lash revolution, or leave well alone?

I know that there are many successful lash geeks out there whose businesses have exploded thanks to lashes - but I'd also be interested to hear from anyone for whom it hasn't worked out.

Thanks x

Anyone? x

Hi

I can only give you a positive point of view. Adding lashes was the best thing I ever did for my business. Now, the majority of my days are spent lashing.

I offer full sets, half sets and corner sets. From £25.00 to £85.00. this gives everyone chance to try them regardless of their budget.

For the record, I also offer cluster lashes and strip lashes as there are still people that want these services.

Obviously, if full sets of lashes don't take off in your area, then market the corner sets and cluster lashes, as at £25 and £15 respectively, these provide a very good income and a service to suit anyone.

Hope this helps :hug:

Hi

I can only give you a positive point of view. Adding lashes was the best thing I ever did for my business. Now, the majority of my days are spent lashing.

I offer full sets, half sets and corner sets. From £25.00 to £85.00. this gives everyone chance to try them regardless of their budget.

For the record, I also offer cluster lashes and strip lashes as there are still people that want these services.

Obviously, if full sets of lashes don't take off in your area, then market the corner sets and cluster lashes, as at £25 and £15 respectively, these provide a very good income and a service to suit anyone.

Hope this helps :hug:

Hi

Thanks for your feedback! I like the idea of offering different options. Do you mind telling me who you trained with and how long you've been doing lashes?

Thanks again for your help x

Hey!

Lashes are one of my most popular treatments. I'm one of the ones that only charge £40 for a full set , but that is because of the area I work in. There are so many different looks that you can create using eyelash extensions, and you can vary prices depending on how many extensions you add, so everyone can try it at least. It is a treatment that can be just done once for a special occasion, or a treatment that will keep clients coming. Once you've had lashes applied, they're addictive! I trained with lash-is. They are brilliant, and Christine who runs it is amazing! Hope any of this helps!

Be a lash revolutionist!!! Females are always after the next 'big thing' and even though it may start out slow, you may find that as clients talk about the lashes business will pick up.
As with any service, we all love options - offer full sets in natural and glamour and also give clients the choice of flares (ELE added to the outer corners of the eyes) and half sets.
The best advertising you can do is to lash a client that works within retail and deals with people face to face daily. You would be surprised how many people ask my two best friends (who both work in retail) if their lashes are real - this is the perfect opportunity for your friends or clients to give you a great wrap and hand out your business card.
I dont think that any particular suburb or city where lashes would NOT take off - its just that people need to see the results to jump on the bandwagon.

I dont think any training is a waste of money. Keeping that in mind you should always look for a great trainer - there have been loads of horror stories about DVD training and face to face training that lasts for 2 hrs. This is not nearly enough - you need to feel confident to performa set of lashes at the end of the training, so its vital to find a reputable source. IF you need a guide to looking for a good trainer we have a post on our blog that has some good questions to ask. Hope this helps :)

HYPNOTIC LASHES TEAM
Hypnotic Lashes - Home-

Latest posts

Back