Marketing /advertising

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theglamourist

Reaction score
Hi all I've just started off mobile can anyone give me any advice regarding where I can post adverts etc?
I'm on Facebook, free index, twitter, gumtree, I'm putting an ad in the local paper next week and getting some leaflets done up so I can put them in shoo windows. Does anyone recommend leaflet dropping through doors as I'm getting mixed responses some saying it's a waste of money some saying it's essential?
Thank you

Hi, besides a website one of the best places I found was on the back window of my car. It is what people see behind you in traffic and when youare parked at supermarket etc. Vinyl stick on lettering was under £50. I know people who had the magnetic signs on the side - no one sees those. Make sure the number is clearly visible and that you contact your car insurance firm first.

Hi all I've just started off mobile can anyone give me any advice regarding where I can post adverts etc?
I'm on Facebook, free index, twitter, gumtree, I'm putting an ad in the local paper next week and getting some leaflets done up so I can put them in shoo windows. Does anyone recommend leaflet dropping through doors as I'm getting mixed responses some saying it's a waste of money some saying it's essential?
Thank you
I have had great success with leaflet drops, but they have to be good leaflets.

If you do a massive leaflet drop with crap leaflets, you will attract many clients, but they may not be the sort of clients you want. Get some great leaflets that display your business as you would like it to be perceived, and do a leaflet drop covering the area you're happy to travel to.

Vic x

It depends who your target group is....

If you want 60 year old ladies..it's no use advertising on instagram! lol!

Do you want younger ( more social media savi clients ) then use social media.

If you want stay at home mum's. leaflet drop ..but the leaflets should be in the style /language for stay at home mums, and delivered in areas where the stay at home mums live!

..see where I'm coming from?

Hi why not try boosting your Facebook page to people that are in your area try spending €10 per week for 1 month and then measure the results. Also check out wahanda in uk or if in Ireland check out salonscanner, the later also gives you a basic salon management tools. But the most important thing is to try different things.

Latest posts

Back