Marketing Geek Needing Nail Teks Views - Please Help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi there David,

When i was a small child i used to love putting my fingers under my Mum's long nails and feeling the length of the nail from the underside!?!
When i was old enough i painted my own nails & then much later I used to buy the kits from Boots and anihilate my own nails! Well not too badly really.

About 22 years ago i had acrylic sculpts done, tbh they lasted about 5 mins!
Then i heard about 'Glass Glaze' nails which i think was called Backscratchers.
Couldn't find any info (many moons before pc's the the internet!!)

Eventually I went to London and did a course, followed 2 years later by my CND Foundation, still looking forward to doing more courses.

I LOVE my job as a nail tech. I miss it at weekends & get withdrawal symptoms if i've not had my brush out!! (Don't work many weekends as i have kids & a hubby!)
Would never want to do anything else!

Hope that helps your cause chuck!
xx

Hi David,

Really interesting thread reading about everyone else's start into nails!

For me, I had always loved painting my nails, and had starting working in a day spa. Shortly after I returned to work following the birth of baby no 2, I decided I needed something to challenge me, and also be of help at work, so I told my boss, who very kindly paid for the VTCT Mani & Pedi, and from there I got hooked, reading everthing I could. Then I found Creative, and the addiction is now worse than ever!

hiya

i started over 3 years ago now, it was to fill some time when my daughter started school. I was only ever going to work 2 days a week and no more. A friend of mine encouraged me to do the course. i used to work with the elderly, and did this for 15 yrs. But then the nails took over, and here i am today, having done the masters with Creative, i now work more than full time and am loving it.

Well I suppose my fascination with nails started when i was at secondary school.I never really noticed my nails but everyone else did - hence i got nicknamed Freddie Kruger Nails (due to the length!) After school I went to college and did a Travel & Tourism course and worked in the industry and thought no more about nails.
After moving into an office job when i returned back, I suppose I was bored and happened to see a course advertised in Nail Art. Always loved doing my own nails and friends and family encouraged me to join. Loved the course and from this did the Manicure & Artificial Nails. Unfortunetely a few months after completing this I damaged my right hand and back so I had a long road to recovery. It has only been recently that I have thought about making some life changes (as advised by the medical peeps as my current job is too stressful for my health) so I have now decided that I am going to train in Bio Gels and Creative Spa. I am so excited and finally feel that I have found my path in life!

i did my own nails for my prom in 1981 and my wedding in 1984.
i didn't really get into it until 1988, after my daughter was born. thr art os what sucked me in. i live for any kind of art!!!!!

kathleen
My Nails Rock!

Latest posts

Back