Married name not on certificates

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Emz-e88

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am just in the process of setting up my business again, however since I last used to be self employed I wasn't married so all my certificates other than my teacher training is in my maiden name. Has anyone had any issues with your surname being different from your current one , if yes how do you about

It's not a problem. When I was married I had a different working name - nobody ever questioned it, but if they do you can always provide a copy of your marriage certificate :)

Thanks Lynne , I was hoping this was the case, as years ago when I used to work in salons it was acceptable to do this. Its just trying to look at trade prices on eve Taylors website and the webadmin had said I hadn't provided certificate proof yet they were uploaded so didn't know if it was the content. Thanks Again !

I'd give them a call - too many computers say nooooooooo!

Haha its all sorted , insurance only need a copy of my marriage cert if I make a claim which is handy.

Its quite normal to have your actual name & a proffessional name :) xx

I have had my beauty qualifications up on display for last 3 decades and not a single client has commented on the fact that they have a different surname (my maiden name) on them!! :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back