Marvel Lash Eyelash Extension courses - any good?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blossom

Reaction score
For some unknown reason I have become besotted with the idea of doing an eyelash course and find I am thinking about it for an unhealthy amount of time lol!

I have recently experimented on myself with some fine "cluster" lashes (just from Claire's, to have a play and see the effect) and I have to say I am SO impressed with how they look (although of course they fall off after a day or two), lots have people have noticed (they ask what mascara I wear rather than oooh I like your fake eyelashes lol) and I am now hooked and determined to do a course so I can offer it professionally.

The only course which seems to be running reasonably local to me is at Capital H&B and is by Marvel Lash. The course is 1 day and includes:

prep, procedure, maintenance & removal
contra-indications, client consultation
aftercare and recommendations
retailing, marketing and promotion

It sounds good but like with anything how can you tell if it is any good? The certificate you get enables you to get insurance with Babtac/Prof Beauty etc so ??

Anybody have any experience of the company?

Any comments really welcome xx Thank you

While I'm on about it, what position is the client in for this treatment? I work from home (nails only atm), I need to know if I ought to be thinking of buying a special chair/couch or similar or if you think it would be too difficult to offer from home. Thanks x

I've just trained with Xtreme Lashes. Not sure if it's the same procedure as the company you're looking at, but they take 1.5 - 2 hours to do a full set.

The client has to be lying flat down with neck support and pillows under legs. Not something that can be done sitting up.

I had to do some on my mum the other day and as I'm not mobile had to do them for her lying down on a sofa. Not good for client and not good for me! My back killed after. Definitely best investing in a comfy massage couch or something similar.

HTHs xxx

I hopefully do my flirties lash extension course with Tonilee in a few weeks.

I am mobile, and i have bought a new portable beauty bed! The one i have it too big to get in my boot!

hth

I became obsessed with doing a course a few years ago - bought all the stuff - looked longily at the photos of stunning beautiful lashes and just wanted to be the person to create them.

I had a go - they are really fiddly. But with determination you could defnitely make a go of them. (I have too many other things going on to concentrate on them) . So I abandoned doing the course and sold my kit on. And havent fancied doing them since.

But I still love the look of them - they are amazing - there is a new glittery type available - fabaranoonie!

I think some of the course prices are expensive (probably because its relatively new) but I think the important point is to get the best glue available and that would mean a bit of trial and error.

Good luck - get your photos on when you do them.

xx

For some unknown reason I have become besotted with the idea of doing an eyelash course and find I am thinking about it for an unhealthy amount of time lol!

I have recently experimented on myself with some fine "cluster" lashes (just from Claire's, to have a play and see the effect) and I have to say I am SO impressed with how they look (although of course they fall off after a day or two), lots have people have noticed (they ask what mascara I wear rather than oooh I like your fake eyelashes lol) and I am now hooked and determined to do a course so I can offer it professionally.

The only course which seems to be running reasonably local to me is at Capital H&B and is by Marvel Lash. The course is 1 day and includes:

prep, procedure, maintenance & removal
contra-indications, client consultation
aftercare and recommendations
retailing, marketing and promotion

It sounds good but like with anything how can you tell if it is any good? The certificate you get enables you to get insurance with Babtac/Prof Beauty etc so ??

Anybody have any experience of the company?

Any comments really welcome xx Thank you

While I'm on about it, what position is the client in for this treatment? I work from home (nails only atm), I need to know if I ought to be thinking of buying a special chair/couch or similar or if you think it would be too difficult to offer from home. Thanks x

hiya av done a eyelash course with lashperfect they based in liverpool but they come to u to do training aswell it was a day course. a really enjoyed doin it. it takes a couple of hours u hav to do a few casestudys after to get your certificate u get free advertising with them aswell on ther website xx

hiya av done a eyelash course with lashperfect they based in liverpool but they come to u to do training aswell it was a day course. a really enjoyed doin it. it takes a couple of hours u hav to do a few casestudys after to get your certificate u get free advertising with them aswell on ther website xx

Whooo 1st post! Welcome to the site Kate xx (be kind with her every one)

Thank you so much everyone, all your info is greatly appreciated. (KateAlan welcome to the site, how nice that your first post was on my thread :hug::))

Would I be right, then, in thinking i need to invest in a beauty couch here? And does anyone have a clue how much I would need to spend - it would need to be portable, and nothing tooooo flash as I don't do any other beauty treatments - but then it must be comfortable if someone is going to lie on it for a couple of hours!!

hiya i havnt got a beauty bed yet cos av just started aswell. at the min am just usin the clients bed untill i get one. but ad advise to get one cos it hurts ya bak wen doing it and it hurts the clients bak aswell if its not a comfy bed xx

Yes hun you are going to need a treatment couch to offer this service,
just a heads up for you,
The marvel lash training trains you how to apply the clump lashes, these only last a few days,
they do not train you to do the semi permanent lashes that are 1 single lash you apply to one real eyelash and can last up to 3 months with regular maintenance hth

Due to demand, I ran a few one day Eyelash Extension courses a year or so ago.
My course was recognised by BABTAC and Professional Beauty, and I felt I was giving my students the best possible education by being an unbiased independent trainer, who was not affiliated with any company.

I've been run off my feet for the last few months, and not really given much thought to training, until I got a couple of enquiries about a month ago. So now Im thinking about it again! :green: But as much as I enjoyed training, I really feel that eyelash extensions cannot be taught in one day. I know that I worried a fair bit about my students once they'd completed the course, and I was always on-hand (or rather on-telephone) for advice and help should they need it, it was probably more me ringing them to make sure they were getting on okay tbh!

I was thinking about starting training again, but offering a course which is one day a week for, say, three weeks, with obligatory case studies and practise in between classes. So now my long post is coming to a conclusion: What do you think about this - good idea/bad idea? For those who have trained in Eyelash Extensions, would a regular class run over a few weeks have boosted your confidence and knowledge and mean you had to learn less 'on the job'? For those who are looking to train, would a class like I've described above appeal to you more than a one dayer?

Looking forward to your replies....

(blossom - sorry if this seems like I'm hijacking your thread a little, but I think it's relevant to your initial query and hopefully will provide some helpful info and insights!)....oh and yep, you will need a sturdy beauty bed :green:

Good point Amy....I am also trained in lashes, trained with Nouveau over a year ago, but I agree its too much to take in a day.....which is why I wrote a new course in lash extensions for wow products, aka Flirties!!

The course is for beginners.....and converters and eventually those with enough skill and experience to become flirtiers trainers!

The course is 2 days, but you dont get qualified until you have done a certain amount of sets. I stipulated this as when I trained I was only watched putting 4 lashes in!!! Then I was qualified!!!! I had to do a whole lot of practicing just to get my confidence up, which granted is natural when embarking on a new service. But my aim with flirties was a few things

1) To offer top notch training so that the trainee would leave with a degree of confidence

2)To ensure practice on models has been completed while the new skills are fresh in the trainees mind, before they are certified

3) To include a top notch kit, that really does cover everything to provide you to make your money back BEFORE re ordering

4) To provide ongoing support for all trainees

Its not quite launched yet, but almost!! Your comments Amy, reminded me of the inspiration I had to write this course in the fisrt place.

Good for you, Toni :green:

I was tempted by the idea of extending the course to two days rather than one, but think I'd feel happiest with the idea of a week in between classes for practise and case studies, so that any problems that arise can be dealt with at the next class. Of course, this type of course wouldn't be very convenient for those that didn't live locally....

I wasn't going to start training again, with having loads of other stuff on my plate at the min, but quite a few local industry people know I've been involved with Eyelash Extensions since 2005, so I do get quite a bit of interest for training and it'd be a shame not to! I do enjoy it.

Thinking I should perhaps make this a separate thread....

Yes hun you are going to need a treatment couch to offer this service,
just a heads up for you,
The marvel lash training trains you how to apply the clump lashes, these only last a few days,
they do not train you to do the semi permanent lashes that are 1 single lash you apply to one real eyelash and can last up to 3 months with regular maintenance hth

I didn't realise that, loubylou, thank you so much

Latest posts

Back