Marvelbrow washing off clients eyelashes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kathrynlouise

Reaction score
I am a mobile beauty therapist and an hour after leaving a clients house, after performing an eyelash tint, she messaged me to say the tint has washed out of her eyelashes. I have searched the internet to find of this happening before as I have never come across this myself. I used marvelbrow tint then the developer, is it possible i've not left the tint on long enough? would this be the cause of it washing off? My client is fair haired and has very light eyelashes, when I left she seemed very happy as you could see a big difference.

It's only a tint so not permanent so whys she washing her eyes after you've just left? The more you wash the quicker they'll fade, sorry not answered your question but it's probably something your client has done not you xx

My tint brand is permanent.

Is she a new client? You need to go back to see the lashes for yourself.

Is she a new client? You need to go back to see the lashes for yourself.
She is a new client, I had offered to go back to re-tint them and told her this is the first time a client has complained of eyelash tint washing off. Previously i used salon essentials and this was the first time using marvelbrow tint so it got me wondering if it was the marvelbrow. The client didn't want me to go back and asked for a refund.

How does she want refund? Are you going back in person? Or does she want it transferred to her bank?

How does she want refund? Are you going back in person? Or does she want it transferred to her bank?
She asked for half the money to be posted through her door. I just felt so disheartened by it as I've just started to do mobile beauty. I really wanted to see them and re-tint them. I made the mistake of not giving aftercare advice as she said she's had her eyelashes tinted many times before, from now on i will give aftercare advice. Do you think i should change brands? i choose marvelbrow because it's peroxide free but maybe it's not as good as others?

Things like this have happened to us all and it's how we learn so don't be disheartened, pick yourself up and carry on with your head held high!

This lady is however, having you on. Tint will not just 'wash off'. Perhaps a little bit of excess tint may come off on a tissue but her lashes will still be tinted. This is most likely why she doesn't want you to see her because you'll be able to see that her lashes are in fact still tinted. Could you say you'll give her the refund once she lets you see her lashes? Even if you feel better refunding her, still give her the money but you will be able to see that she is having you on.

I use refectocil tints and peroxide (I know you were looking for peroxide free) and they are by far the best I've ever used.

I hope that helps you my lovely xx xx xx

Explain to her that your policy is to first offer to redo the treatment before you can consider a refund, however neither is possible unless you are able to take a look and see exactly what the problem is.

This sounded fishy from the start, as tint doesn't just wash off. But I didn't want to call your client a liar straight away.

There is absolutely no way I'd be posting a refund. 1000% I'd need to see the lashes before making any decision on refunds.

If she won't let you see the lashes, then no refund can be given as the lashes were fine when you left and lash tint doesn't just wash off.

If you see the lashes, and the lash tint really hasn't taken well or worked then you can refund, (but I doubt this to be the case).

But definitely nothing can be refunded before seeing lashes first. Otherwise she'll be telling a few of her friends on how to get a half price treatment and that's the last thing you want.

I haven't used marvelbrow so can't comment on products. Try them on some family and friends to get a true judgment on it.

I can second refectocil.

I use Marvel Brow for walk ins (that I cant patch test) and find the complete opposit! It stains like a buggar, really quickly & stays very dark for a long time ( have actually had more complaints on how dark the brown is more than any other tint ive used!)

Although she shouldnt be getting them wet so quickly after having them done, I doubt it has all come off. Like the others have said, id offer to look at it & re-do, but not refund xx

Thank you everyone for your replies, I feel much better as I thought it sounded odd especially when she said she didn't want me to go back and to post the refund. I've invested in refecto cil, I can maybe use this on clients with course/ginger hair and close enough for a patch test. Because i've just started out I panicked and though maybe I was missing something with the marvelbrow. Again thank you, I will take your advice with the refund. x

Let us know how you get on.

I use Marvel Brow for walk ins (that I cant patch test) and find the complete opposit! It stains like a buggar, really quickly & stays very dark for a long time ( have actually had more complaints on how dark the brown is more than any other tint ive used!)

Although she shouldnt be getting them wet so quickly after having them done, I doubt it has all come off. Like the others have said, id offer to look at it & re-do, but not refund xx

Hi i know this is an old thread ..but i'm thinking of switching to marvel brow from refectocil due to the patch testing.. how is marvel brow avaoidable for patch testing.. i though even with plant based you still need to patch test...

Hi i know this is an old thread ..but i'm thinking of switching to marvel brow from refectocil due to the patch testing.. how is marvel brow avaoidable for patch testing.. i though even with plant based you still need to patch test...

In basic terms, My insurance says to follow the manufacturers instructions & the manufacturers instructions say its safe to use without a patch test.. its not suitable for all clients tho (ie previously had reactions to tint/hair dye) so a full consultation still needs to be given to check its suitability.

As for whats in it that makes it safe, I cant quite remember. Its along the lines of common allegens have been removed, but its been a long day & my brains stopped working after Christmas lol xx

Latest posts

Back