Marvelscara mystery!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoveBeauty1

Reaction score
I have really been debating on booking into this course.
It's been really strange as I thought I would book in to have the treatment myself before I train (seems good business sense).
I contacted 5 beauticians and they all had strange excuses as to why I couldn't book this treatment (the treatment is there in black and white on their websites).

Am I missing a big problem with marvel scara?

The 1st salon said it hasn't been popular so they only buy supplies every few months and they are at the moment 'out of stock' :irked:
The 2nd beautician said it probably wouldn't be what I would want and it's more cost effective for me to have a tint and perm!
The 3rd salon said they have discontinued it and website update to follow.
The 4th salon said they have also discontinued treatment.
The 5th beautician said that she has had problems with ladies getting the fibres in their eyes!!:cry:

I will just add I did find a lady who still uses it but we couldn't match diaries

I thought the same, tried it and hated it!!! Results were not at all what I thought and the salon were really honest and explained a lot of people aren't a fan and they too were discontinuing the service. I trained in lift and tint instead and this service is much more popular with great results every time x

I thought the same, tried it and hated it!!! Results were not at all what I thought and the salon were really honest and explained a lot of people aren't a fan and they too were discontinuing the service. I trained in lift and tint instead and this service is much more popular with great results every time x

Oh so they too were disappointed in the product as a salon.
Can I ask what you didn't like about it? I have a feeling it will be very clumpy?

It's a massive waste of money and I've now removed it from my list.

Results are rubbish.
Plus I reduced the price from the rrp£35 to £15 and only had 4 bookings in as many months.

It's clumpy, grainy, fiddly, don't waste your money.

^^and that's not because I was doing it wrong I might add lol

And the product goes off quite quickly which is a waste.

It was clumpy, and I know the person who did it, she's extremely experienced and does all my other treatments so I know it wasn't the application. She advised me against it but I wanted to try it incase I trained in it. It's a great idea but not what it's meant to be. The only people I could imagine liking it is the teenage girls who cake their lashes in mascara x

Thanks for your replies :)
This has helped me decide not to train :)

I am considering also doing this course and have taken note of what everyone has said.

I am new to the beauty industry and find it all very confusing at times such as if marvelscara is just effectively a tint then why does separate training need to be done. surly if your qualified in EE and tinting then marvelscara is merely and enhancement which would be covered by both those qualifications.

Please can someone better informed advise me...Thanks

Marvelscara is a bit like a thick glue which you add fibres too.
It's nothing like adding lashes and the result is nothing like tinting.
The procedure us also very very different and the lashes have to be taped in a certain way.
It's also incredibly easy to get fibres in the eye so separate training is essential!

Just to add, I've just renewed my insurance and to include marvelscara was an extra £10.
None of my other treatments that i added increased my premium apart from this so I would say to everyone to check how much your premium will be if you include this.

Ooo that's interesting! I think that says it all

Hi, just a quick note to say, don't throw your money away. I bought a kit for £64 (plus VAT) and took a course for i can't remember how much. I hated it, the course was poor, the results were disappointing, i didn't even dare to advertise it as a service. The fibres got in my eyes during the course causing stinginess and you know when they give you the mirror and you are excited to see the results? It was sheer disappointment.
I wasn't by myself in feeling let down. Some of the girls in the course were going to contact the company. Not sure what happened.
Imagine how many tints you can get with the money you would spend on it. I wish somebody would've told me.

July x

I love it!! I put it on for holidays, spa weekends etc and its great, other than that I never wear it as my mascara looks lots better.
But it's glory is its fully waterproof on another level to waterproof mascara.

I use flirties exgadurate ( can't spell that word lol) and its much better and lasts longer in bottle :)

And the flirties one has fibers in slready so no messy mixing.

I don't like it for clients but if you work quickly and apply it on yourself with an old mascara brush its great. It's a kind of marmite treatment...clients either love it or hate it.. It's the same with therapists, I quite enjoy it but my staff hate it.

Latest posts

Back