mary kay cosmetics

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

handmaiden

Reaction score
morning geeks

I was just wondering about MK make up, a friend of mine has recently started up with MK and is now doing bridal make up and stuff,

what I am wondering is , does it teach you enough to be competent to do make up / make overs??

I might sound naieve but I assumed you would have to do a college course in make up or an nvq or somthing simlar, but my friend said she bought her kit and was up and running

all opinions gratefully recieved xx

Hello
My sister and I do Mary Kay (both of us did courses before). You do get a lot of training at the meetings. You start by doing skin care classes which is taught at your first introduction meeting (this is held by your area manager/sales director). Then after that you start doing make-up classes which is taught to you at meetings.
HTH
............ and hasn't confused you more!!!lol
xxx

cheers,
do you feel confident about applying make up to people after bieng taught at the classes, and is the training you get good?

or do you feel that its not enough?

thankx xx

Hello

We both feel confident in the products and application techniques we have been taught. I see you are in sittingbourne, if you would like any further info call Karen (independent sales director and our manager - she trained in colour analysis. Her training has helped us choose the right colours for our clients for their skin tone) Just mention to her that Bronni & Roby advised you to call.
01622 734233

Hope this helps

Bronni
xxx

Other similar based companies offering these types of treatment options have only one difference that was pointed out to me by an opposition in the market & not generally well known.

Although we all have in house product training, some consultants having beauty / industry certs, the difference lies in the fact to the best of my knowledge.

Lotions /creams /serums / makeup etc of this nature should only be applied by the client themselves on the advise & recommendation of the consultant.

Most consultants are not aware [even myself then] or insured to handle any adverse reactions that may occur if you yourself actually apply the product.This is how a product is catagorized, Retail /applied by individual - Professional - applied by certified operator.
Are you covered for the active product ingredients that may cause an adverse reaction in some cases, Worth checking into?

Aside from that, MK & others & great products, I've used MK & many others in my time starting out with AVON as a child [mum got it & then I became a consultant too ].
Having completed industry certs since then though, now do I realize the benefits of alot of whats on offer.

XX J XX

Hello

We both feel confident in the products and application techniques we have been taught. I see you are in sittingbourne, if you would like any further info call Karen (independent sales director and our manager - she trained in colour analysis. Her training has helped us choose the right colours for our clients for their skin tone) Just mention to her that Bronni & Roby advised you to call.
01622 734233

Hope this helps

Bronni
xxx

thanks for your reply :green:xx

Other similar based companies offering these types of treatment options have only one difference that was pointed out to me by an opposition in the market & not generally well known.

Although we all have in house product training, some consultants having beauty / industry certs, the difference lies in the fact to the best of my knowledge.

Lotions /creams /serums / makeup etc of this nature should only be applied by the client themselves on the advise & recommendation of the consultant.

Most consultants are not aware [even myself then] or insured to handle any adverse reactions that may occur if you yourself actually apply the product.This is how a product is catagorized, Retail /applied by individual - Professional - applied by certified operator.
Are you covered for the active product ingredients that may cause an adverse reaction in some cases, Worth checking into?

Aside from that, MK & others & great products, I've used MK & many others in my time starting out with AVON as a child [mum got it & then I became a consultant too ].
Having completed industry certs since then though, now do I realize the benefits of alot of whats on offer.

XX J XX

thanks I appreciate your advice xx

Latest posts

Back