Mary Portas Secret Shopper series 3

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AcidPerm

Premium Geek
Reaction score
Trailer for new series

I love Mary. She's just brilliant.
Did anyone watch last nights episode with the bridal shop?

I see she's taking a hairdressing salon in hand in next week's episode. She's not as direct as Tabatha Coffey,

so it will be interesting to see her approach. :)

oooh! i watched it last night the bridal shop one. loved it when she accidentally offended graham...yikes! :eek::eek:Saw the trailer and thought uh oh why are they so miserable, gonna have to tune in to it!;)

Can't wait to watch next week, it's in a salon quite near me and I trained a few of the owners apprentices over the years when I was working in FE. It was always a really reputable salon and so wether it's just some canny marketing on her part or is really having problems will make for interesting viewing as from what I know she is a good business woman so it was a surprise seeing the trailer last night with all the staff issues!

Can't wait to watch next week, it's in a salon quite near me and I trained a few of the owners apprentices over the years when I was working in FE. It was always a really reputable salon and so wether it's just some canny marketing on her part or is really having problems will make for interesting viewing as from what I know she is a good business woman so it was a surprise seeing the trailer last night with all the staff issues!

Interesting! Maybe the owner was only after a freebie salon makeover?

I know the salon well, I met the owner...many years ago, when she had her salon in Lewisham.
I too was surprised she was taking part, she has a good reputation in the area.
I'm almost AFRAID to watch it!:eek:
Sometimes, the 'mistakes' they are making, you can recognise as your own! :oops:

I love the makeovers they do! It always amazes me on how creative and confident they make the owners, encourage the staff and how inspiring they are once the end result is done.I just love the journey they go on when they envision and forecast what they want and how it comes to be! I think we all make some of the mistakes they do, instinctively you find yourself after watching an episode to have a clear out or enlightened to look at your business with a fresh pair of eyes!:cool:

I need to catch up on the other two episodes i have missed! :D

Can someone please do a reminder next week as I'm bound to forget and I can't do reminders any more on my tv!

Yes. Which day? What time? Which channel? X

Man, I am oblivious.
Didn't actually see any videos last night [emoji23]

Thank you. X

Reminder everyone, it's on tonight at 8pm!

You're amazing. Thanks for the reminder!!

Jeez!! Sydney nearly made me cry!!

I don't think I like Shobi.!

Oh god, this is why I'm so happy to stay on a small scale, I couldn't cope with that sort of atmosphere, I'm not sure who I feel more sorry for, the owner or the staff! how did it get so bad!

Ahh need to get it on plus one!!

Great episode. Amazes me that Shobie couldn't see the problems for herself though!

Lots in our local press online about it today. Apparently about 6 stylists have now left. Can't believe she put the cameras back on, she clearly doesn't trust her staff which has led to all the hostility and there were issues with some of the attitudes but I don't think spying on them benefited anyone! I don't feel like her OH really helped either, just going on about money all the time to them added more negativity to the atmosphere. I think she should get rid of him, why does it need 2 of them upstairs all day to run it plus a manager? too many people involved! Not sure why the stylist guy lost his rag near the end, there must have been stuff they didn't show on the programme,
It seems like a wasted opportunity to improve things, shame, but the makeover was fab!

I think it was a wasted opportunity too!

6? From 17! Or was it 19? Gosh!

I love the pictures of staff on the wall. But, as it's just me. It might not have the same affect. [emoji23]

I couldn't believe they have 17 staff! And yes, ridiculous to put the camera's back on. If you're amongst your staff, on the shop floor as you should be, you wouldn't need them! Also couldn't understand why she'd need a manager, with her and her OH there, no wonder they weren't making any money.

Latest posts

Back