MASCED - Accreditation in skin cancer detection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew Taylor

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you something which I have just taken part in and I feel is extremely worthwhile for all professional therapists to be part of and to help others.

We all work with clients which puts us in the prime position to identify characteristics on their skin and observe any changes which may occur.
If we arm ourselves with knowledge to identify suspicious lesions we could detect the early signs of skin cancer and advise them to take action. With skin cancer the most common and fastest rising cancer, early detection with your help really could save someones life.

By taking part in the MASCED accreditation we are raising our own personal knowledge allowing us to spot anything suspicious and learning the best ways to approach your client with your concern. We are not diagnosing skin cancers but merely using our learning to empower us to help our client.

The accreditation took me about 2 hours to work through it, thats just 2 hours which could potentially save someones life. I donated to the cause as you are sent resources and a certificate through the post which is at cost to the organisation, even though the accreditation is FREE.

To learn more and to register for the accreditation the visit:
https://masced.uk

Even if we help just 1 person with this knowledge, it will be worth it.

Matt

Hi everyone,

I wanted to share with you something which I have just taken part in and I feel is extremely worthwhile for all professional therapists to be part of and to help others.

We all work with clients which puts us in the prime position to identify characteristics on their skin and observe any changes which may occur.
If we arm ourselves with knowledge to identify suspicious lesions we could detect the early signs of skin cancer and advise them to take action. With skin cancer the most common and fastest rising cancer, early detection with your help really could save someones life.

By taking part in the MASCED accreditation we are raising our own personal knowledge allowing us to spot anything suspicious and learning the best ways to approach your client with your concern. We are not diagnosing skin cancers but merely using our learning to empower us to help our client.

The accreditation took me about 2 hours to work through it, thats just 2 hours which could potentially save someones life. I donated to the cause as you are sent resources and a certificate through the post which is at cost to the organisation, even though the accreditation is FREE.

Matt
Registered and received recourses. Going to be completing it this evening. I think it's such an important thing to be aware of.

Someone shared this in the skinbase therapist group on fb, loads of us have done it already, such a good idea especially when we are working so closely with client's skin. Like you say, if we can help one person!

Hi everyone,

Matt

I did this yesterday!!

Thank you for this

Thank you, done :)

Latest posts

Back