massage an only source of income ?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

time-to-relax

Reaction score
Is massage an only source of income for you, someone you know without a salon?

i know somebody who does reiki full time without a salon. He rents rooms at a couple of venues but he doesn't actually have his own salon.

I know someone who works part time for an osteopath just doing massages.They usually massage after the osteopath has manipulated etc and they do 20 minute sessions.

This month I made 1000 euros (i think maybe 650 sterling) from Holistic massage, aromatherapy massage and reflexology. I did maybe 2 facials - this is a face lift massage. The maximum amount of massages I can do in one day is 3 - anymore I wouldn't have the energy to give anyone a decent massage. Most of my work is in the evenings with few during the day. I rent a room 4 days a week.

I'm also adding hot stone from February. Pregnancy massage is starting to pick up. Building up a client base is hard, my most popular treatment is full body aroma massage which I charge 65 euros (42 pounds) this is the going rate in Dublin.

I think a living can be made doing massage only but you really need to look after your own body and posture otherwise you can burnout very fast.hth

Latest posts

Back