Massage, can anyone recommend a good place? to learn

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vgml

Reaction score
I'd like to learn massage. I've been checking places but most of them have 1 or 2 days courses. I understand 1,2 days should be enough but if you have training in swedish massage. I haven't beed trained to do massage except facial massage.
Could anyone recommend where I could go to learn massage techniques?
I have A&P certificate already.

Contact Hippy Chick on here.

She's been shortlisted by the Guild this year for their Best Training Provider award.

She never brags about her own achievments but if you're looking for superb training, you'll not do better than our Ann!

I think you need to decide whether you want to learn how to deliver massage or just learn a routine. 1 - 2 days is completely inadequate to learn to become a massage therapist, but you should be able to learn a massage routine in that time.

I'm not a beauty therapist but have been a massage therapist for over 18 years and have employed many massage therapists in my business for the last 14 years. Unfortunately, there is a very noticable difference between those who have attended these short 1/2/5 day training courses and those who have attended a better course and I have yet to come across someone who has done a short course that I have been able to employ.

If you really want to learn massage, I would recommend you invest in proper training - it will be worth it, not only because of the quality of massage you will be able to perform so attracting more clients, but because you will feel much more confident in delivering a good massage.

I see you are in London, there are a number of good massage schools but none will train you in 2 days.

Contact Hippy Chick on here.

She's been shortlisted by the Guild this year for their Best Training Provider award.

She never brags about her own achievments but if you're looking for superb training, you'll not do better than our Ann!
Agree 100%

Thanks girls. Jcpark, I'd like to learn how to deliver massage... that's why I'm asking if anyone can recommend a good place to learn. Like I said, most places offer only 1-2 day training.
I've checked Hippy Chick website, but from what I can see courses are short as well, 2 days... I think I need good few weeks... or not? ;)

You could have a look at Massage Course | ITEC & BTEC Level 4 Holistic Full Body Massage London
I don't think you can go wrong with ITEC and you can do it either fast track or over 20 weeks.I have did hot stone massage with Gateway and my daughter has done Pregnacy,hot stone,indian head and thai foot massage and we have been very pleased.
We are both fully qualified therapists all ready, so one day courses were fine for us as add ons and the classes are very small and you get very comprehensive training manuals.
If you do this one they deduct money off if you already have A and P but its not in London http://www.gatewayworkshops.com/Courses.aspx?c=8097BFFD-4470-40CC-B671-45A7CB36AADA

If your in London then without a doubt the London College of Massage ... great place! I did my training with them.

Mat

Thanks girls. Jcpark, I'd like to learn how to deliver massage... that's why I'm asking if anyone can recommend a good place to learn. Like I said, most places offer only 1-2 day training.
I've checked Hippy Chick website, but from what I can see courses are short as well, 2 days... I think I need good few weeks... or not? ;)

Sorry, for the delay.

There are a number of good schools in London, some more expensive than others and better than others, but all will offer a good basic training so you can suit your pocket too as quality training is not cheap ;)

Fozzyo has already mentioned one

I'd also recommend
Essentials for Health London School of Massage: Massage Courses and Diplomas (ITEC) and Sports Massage Course (BTEC) Aromatherapy (IFA)
Courses In Massage | Massage Courses | Advanced ITEC Massage Courses - Inspire Massage Workshops

Thank you very much all! You've been very helpful :)

Essentials for health offer a great course (they do ITEC level 3 or BTEC level 4). They offer an intensive course which is a week learning then you home study and practice getting your hours logged, then you come back for another week, you then have to do your case studies, only when all your homework, case studies are completed to a satisfactory standard will you be allowed to take the exam. They are quiet expensive but the training is excellent. I must stress that even though this course takes 3 months it is very intensive and you might be better off doing an ITEC course over a year!

I, too, would thoroughly recommend Hippy Chick, she's mad but she is really, really good! Courses are easy to follow and she has the patience of a saint!

I am sure she will be along when her radar picks up we are talking about her!

Oh Annnnn, where are yooooo?:green:

I too would recommend Hippy Chick ( Ann), i did a course in Devon that is with the same company in my neck of the woods, it was very informative, and im sure Ann will include lots of tricks of the trade for you xx

I'm going to be a parrot here & repeat what has already been said about our Ann :)

I've employed many beauty therapists over the years who have done a LOT of training for massage. Some have been good, some have been utterly awful.

I've also employed therapists who have been on short courses then practised like mad on me (t'is a hard life sometimes!) & even with just minimal training they have been excellent.

Like anything when it comes to training, some people just have 'the knack'. Others sadly will never have it!

You know I'm shy!

In defence of short courses versus FE college courses. I left college with a year long certificate in Swedish Massage and I could have learnt what I learnt in much shorter space of time.

College courses quite often fall short of the "real world". I was told to go home sit by the phone and be inundated with phone calls. That quite frankly is not realistic.

Courses should be taught in a way that you are salon ready.

i dont often recommend people but ann is amazing she really is thorough and has very high standards , shes not a fly by night teacher x

If your in London then without a doubt the London College of Massage ... great place! I did my training with them.

Mat

They're absolutely brilliant, if you are in London I can't recommend them highly enough.

Sarah x

Mat

What is the qualification at the end of this course? According to their website it appears to be their school diploma. Is this sufficient? I thought we need ITEC or something equivalent so I'm confused. I'm also considering a massage course in London when I finish my ITEC level 2 Beauty course.

thank you
Cindy

Latest posts

Back