Massage courses

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I have my own home salon I do nails only, I've had interest with clients asking for massage.

Can anyone recommend massage course?
I'm in Berkshire.

Thanks

You can actually do online massage courses (Stonebridge & BSY group both offer these) there will probably be others too x

Oh really? I would have thought it would have to be practical.
Thank you I'll have a look into that.

You can have 1 or 2 days practical and the rest online x

There's a lot of anatomy and physiology involved with massage. I'm surprised to hear it can be learned online. It's very in depth.

I did my very first nail course through distance learning, paid a lot of money and had to take other 'hands on' courses afterwards. So I wouldn't recommend this method.

Whichever course you choose, make sure it's accredited and enables you to get insurance to work on the public. x

Yes your probably right actually Blossom, I did an holistic therapy diploma in 2002 and this was a years course, however I've completed a complete nail technician through distant learning and to be honest I'm getting most of my hints and tips now through trial and error, professional nail videos and advice from this forum.... I'm now wanting to book on a practical training course however have spent so much money on the training and numerous products. The massage course would be good to do online for the basics but yes your right.... Don't actually know what I was thinking now reading my reply back lol xx

Yes your probably right actually Blossom, I did an holistic therapy diploma in 2002 and this was a years course, however I've completed a complete nail technician through distant learning and to be honest I'm getting most of my hints and tips now through trial and error, professional nail videos and advice from this forum.... I'm now wanting to book on a practical training course however have spent so much money on the training and numerous products. The massage course would be good to do online for the basics but yes your right.... Don't actually know what I was thinking now reading my reply back lol xx

I didn't have a computer 12 years ago so didn't discover this site for about 4 years!! I'm sure it would have made my life easier in the very early days though!

Thanks for the replies.
I didn't feel the whole course on-line would be great, as it is a practical course. I'm looking into a few places that do the theory part on-line and then practical at a venue.

Have a look at Gateway courses they may have something suitable for you.

Depends what your time frame is on your goal.

Many colleges offer level 3 massage as an evening course with September and January starts. You may even be able to get on a course that had a January start if you've only missed one session.

I would urge you to do the course at a college because the time you're gonna have to spend on a and p if you choose a more independent method of study is going to be disproportionate anyway. You'll also need a teacher to give you feedback on technique and really vital stuff like your posture.

Google for vtct level 3 massage courses in your area.

Do the VTCT level 3 course. I done an evening course which was 1 night a week and the hands of experience and help from the tutor was amazing.

I'd highly recommend a course. I started in a January and had completed it by June, I also managed to do the Indian head course and hot stone massage course too. I done mine at a local college to me x

Thanks ladies!
I'm looking into a practical course. Once qualified what kind of prices would you charge?

I am in the middle of re-viewing my prices as I've just moved location and will be working from home as well as mobile. Always look at what others near you are charging and go from there X

Is Swindon too far for you? Essential beauty training are fab x

Latest posts

Back