Massage gun?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiv9mbs

Reaction score
Do any professionals use one of these in their sports massages etc? I’m 20 years in the business and starting to feel sore doing deep tissue etc.

I’ve never found a machine that’s better than a ball and wall.

Have you tried using heat and stones in your massages? An infrared heat lamp can be great for preparing tight tissues.

Another suggestion is to train with Jing Massage who are based in Brighton. They offer lots on online training for experienced therapists and you might pick up some tips - either to make it easier to massage or to heal yourself. They certainly helped me raise my game and I’m in my 50’s and had 2 frozen shoulders. Now it’s no problem for me to massage all day - easier than waxing!

Have you tried using heat and stones in your massages? An infrared heat lamp can be great for preparing tight tissues.

Another suggestion is to train with Jing Massage who are based in Brighton. They offer lots on online training for experienced therapists and you might pick up some tips - either to make it easier to massage or to heal yourself. They certainly helped me raise my game and I’m in my 50’s and had 2 frozen shoulders. Now it’s no problem for me to massage all day - easier than waxing!

Thanks so much. I’ve seen Jings courses and they look amazing so I’ll look into that

Okay, being cheeky today as I'm wanting to squeeze the juice while the question is present in my mind. I've found a standing infrared lamp (looks quite good). Where do you find time to put it into a 40 mins back message? I can find time to work it into my 60 minute treatments for full body and hour back,neck and shoulders, just considering the time for a 40 minute treatment may be a stretch. With pricing, I've given all incentive for clients to book for 60 minutes as cleaning times are so doubled at present.
I find it hard with time passing when clients want JUST work on the back (I was hoping to get the lamp over the back and neck for atleast 5 mins). I thought the best way to get the heat lamp on these areas for five minutes I could do a foot cleanse and even some work on the back of the legs.

I'd love to hear your approach in implementing the Infrared lamp as I think it would really make a good treatment GREAT.

I never “just” work on the back. I’ll always do something over the whole body as part of my opening sequence - a bit of a check in with the joints, “paddy pawing” down the glutes and hams, a gentle leg pull. I want my client nicely positioned, tucked in, acclimated to my presence, pressure and touch and settled on the bed. They’ll be more comfortable if I notice their feet are freezing or dropping off the end of the couch. I do all this over the drape so they client doesn’t worry that I’m confused - occasionally I get a “I just want my back massaged” usually from someone lying on the bed with their jeans on. I give a soft, “I haven’t forgotten”.

There’s no reason why you can’t work under a lamp, you just position it over the area you want to warm, effleurage over the whole back and then start your massage away from the area you want to heat, checking in with the flesh under the lamp at intervals, trying not to burn yourself!

When you want to move the lamp out of the way, just use a tissue to grip the stand/controls.

You can add experience/value with hot towels over the feet and even paraffin wax.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back