Massage/holistic geeks, have you heard of this?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sara x

Reaction score
A couple of clients have asked about a treatment recently to get my opinion on how efficient it is, and I've never heard of it! Its called Atlas proflex, or something like that, and is supposed to be a gentle manipulation type massage technique to relieve aches and pains very quickly. Has anyone heard of it and if so, is it any good? I hate it when I don't know about new treatments!! Thanks geeks!

I've never heard about it!?! Can anyone help?

Yep I also feel sheepish now :/

Thanks for that, I may be being a bit judgemental but looks a bit gimmicky to me. The fact that it is "trademarked" makes me question if it is a true therapy or a just a business, what does anyone else think? Maybe I should just try it and find out!

One of my footballers had this done a few years ago and he ended up with awful headaches afterwards. I suppose its one of those things to try and see if it works for you but the practitioner was trying to get him to go back for more treatments so not sure if it's supposed to be done as a series of sessions or can be one off treatments.

Thanks, looks like it may be a course with quite an upfront financial commitment which worries me. I think I may suggest to clients that they hold off for a while until more is known about it maybe?

Thanks, looks like it may be a course with quite an upfront financial commitment which worries me. I think I may suggest to clients that they hold off for a while until more is known about it maybe?

When I looked into it a few years ago you had to travel to America or Canada to do it so was definately too much of a financial outlay for me.

Personally, if I need something doing to my neck, I go to the chiro. Although its supposed to be perfectly safe, I'm very funny about who I let near my neck for treatment.

I would suggest cranial oesteopathy would be more effective which is a much more well known treatment. Or The Bowen Technique which I absolutely swear by. My mum is trained in Bowen and sorts all my aches and pains out if I've been doing too much massage!

Good advice I think ladies, sounds like it may be a combination of established treatments anyway and probably best to stick with the originals! Thank you x

Ive had this treatment done about 5 months ago and had excellent results. I have had major neck pain problems most of my life and all is gone after I had my atlas bone re aligned. It hurt a little but is really quite a simple thing and not scary. Its very expencive to get trained in so there for there are only 7 practitioners in the UK. Its a one off treatent (and one followup) as it has lasting results so not repeated customers if you were thinking of training in it... the lady who did it for e travels all the time across the country to do treatments.
ANyhow.. once youve had the treatment done, it stays for life, or so they say! My legs were measured before and after treatment also, one leg was longer than the other before treatment and after treatment they were the same length. Also, my head turns very much more to the side's than it used to.
As with all treatments, some notice major differences and some less, I guess it depends on what sort of problems you have! and its not the same treatment as u get at the chiropractor, its different and has lasting results although Im sure many would argue with that statement of course... :) I had great results so very happyy:)

Hi I also had this treatment a couple of weeks ago and had very good results. A French lady comes over to Jersey once every couple of months and like the above poster I had my legs measured before and after the treatment. My back pain was much better after my treatment although I did find the actually procedure quite painful and the area treated was sensitive for a few days:sad:. A couple of work mates also had it done and one found it quite relaxing another like me found it painful. The lady that treated us said that was mostly due to how tense we were and we both suffered quite badly with our backs. I wouldn't be interested in training in it as it's quite a mechanical procedure but I would recommend people to try it if they're suffering with back pain. I think it's supposed to help with most systematic problems like digestive and menstrual too.

Thanks to both of you, that is really useful advice. I'm not thinking of training it but wanted to find out more about it as clients were asking what I thought and if I would recommend it and I didnt have a clue what it was!!
Thanks again, even slightly obscure questions get answered well on here!

Latest posts

Back