Massage length of time?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sj1990

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve looked at my column for tomorrow and somebody has booked in online 2 back massages one after the other totalling to 1hour and 15 minutes just on the back. Does anyone else agree that it is too long for massage for them and for the therapist?

IT might be for 2 different people...

If they have a back problem they shouldn't really lie face down for that length of time.

2 hours of massage for a therapist is fine, three hours without a break is not ideal but doable. You build up tolerance and strength. I can do 3 hours without any concerns. You have to learn to watch your posture.

Thanks for your reply, I’ve been in the industry for 11 years, I’ve built up the tolerance I’ve got 6 hours worth of massage in today. I’m just thinking more of an hour and 15 minutes purely concentrating on one body part maybe a bit too much for her.

Thanks for your reply, I’ve been in the industry for 11 years, I’ve built up the tolerance I’ve got 6 hours worth of massage in today. I’m just thinking more of an hour and 15 minutes purely concentrating on one body part maybe a bit too much for her.
I agree. As said, it may be for 2 different people. If not, I wouldn't do it. I think it's unrealistic.

Vic x

Maybe you could just contact them to find out their expectations and needs?

Depends really. I had someone book for an hours full body massage the other day online. During consultation she confirmed she only wanted her back doing for all of that time. It can be done. Though makes me work harder making sure I am doing a good massage for that length of time! It really loosened up her back, and reflecting on it only 30 mins on the back wouldnt have really helped her. The extra time really warmed her muscles and we were able to really release the tension and stiffness she had.

I would check with the client. If that is too long for them/you and after the consultation maybe spend the majority of time on their back but also do arms turn them over and do shoulders and pecs and arms. All connected and would help their back.

I'd ring the client to check the booking - it will clarify what they are expecting and any problems they have.

Latest posts

Back