Massage oils? carrier oils ect?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mazmaz

Reaction score
hi all

i am also doing nails at college but learning to do hand and arm masege,our tutor used a sports masage oil that was made up the college i think and smelt lovly!

i am wondering if i am better off making my own or buying already mixed?

carrier oils? add essientail oils like lavender to them and the carrier oil dilutes it down dort of thing? is olive olive oil ok to use and add some essientail oil to it or will it be too thick?

grapeseed carrier oil? can this be used on its own as a mouistrizer? and can this be added into everyday mouisturizers? to add more mouisture?

thanks maz x

Are you an aromatherapist too ?

If you're not a qualified aromatherapist you shouldn't be mixing oils to use on clients - I doubt you would be covered by insurance for this. You're best off sticking to pre-blended ones.

i agree! if your not qualified in aromatherapy your best buying a pre-blend. This will ensure that you have the right mix of essential oils (not too much or too little) and which work well together! There are so many pre-blends available, and they smell so gorgeous!!!
I you want to experiment with oils thats great, but please dont use these on cllients as you may get it wrong and seriously hurt someone! xxxx

Also clients may be contra-indicated to certain oils!

If its just a hand and arm massage you are doing most hand creams from your wholesalers would be fine!

Emma x

thank you all for your replies!

i am just gone buy some pre blended oils ect,i wouldnt og gone st8 into mixing stuff myself,im gona ask if they sell the oil at the college! i have ordered some palmers coco butter body oil for my self and gona see how that is and ive ordered a second bottle to see what that will be like foe the hand and armmasage,i got some nsi nuture lotion tru the post so gona try that too

thanks again

miranda x

If you just want to use oil for slip.Any light vegetable oil is fine not the ones that smell though so not really olive.Sunflower is fine ,grapeseed ok but a bit green and can stain clothes.

Latest posts

Back