Massage table help Aluminium or wooden?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soothing girl

Reaction score
Last edited:
please can anyone look at links on my thread and tell me what they think looks like a good table. thanks:confused:

Love the colour of the first one but I think the second one is better as it's lighter. Plus I am looking into getting the second one so maybe I am biased! X

I'm looking for a couch too and really like the second one! I might buy it. How much weight to it allow? I can't see it written anywhere.

I have also found this one which is £10 cheaper and slightly lighter
eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

If your bed is staying in one room then It's your choice, if you are mobile I wouldn't go for any of those as they are really heavy. I had a bed which was heavy, I've done my back in from constantly lifting and getting in and out my car. I then purchased an ultra lightweight aluminium frame bed which weighs 8kg but will support a much heavier weight. It is so much easier and lighter to carry around and also comfy. I got this off eBay.

If your bed is staying in one room then It's your choice, if you are mobile I wouldn't go for any of those as they are really heavy. I had a bed which was heavy, I've done my back in from constantly lifting and getting in and out my car. I then purchased an ultra lightweight aluminium frame bed which weighs 8kg but will support a much heavier weight. It is so much easier and lighter to carry around and also comfy. I got this off eBay.

You are very right!

There is nothing worst than a heavy couch! I have a very heavy one and hurt my back twice within last week and a half!

The lighter the better. Getting it out of the car and after back in is a real battle not mentioning it's impossible to carry it up the stairs!

Don't make a mistake we did :)

Misspiggy do you know the name of your couch or a supplier??? X

I absolutely love this couch and it is so light! And purple :)

Unfortunately because I do Thai foot massage this one would be too short for me :(

My super heavy couch is 185cm long and it's just about ok (with width 70cm). Any shorter wouldn't be good at all.

I will have to continue my search :(

I purchased my couch from Feel Good Uk and its 10kg. Definitely get the lightest couch you can if you are going to be moving it about a lot.
Just a quick question to sunshineinme: why do you need a 'long' couch for Thai Foot Massage? I offer this treatment and the couch length is not an issue?
x

hi Miss Pink

I always sit the couch up a bit so my customers are in sort of half sitting/half laying position therefore automatically the their body moves to the bottom of the couch..... If you know what I mean. Sorry but being a foreigner sometimes makes describing simple things very difficult :)

I was shown on my course to position customer like this and that's what I do now

Unfortunately quite often if I have a "longer" man/woman for the treatment the feet soles are literally on the edge of the couch which is not that good for stretching etc

How do you position your customers? Advice would be appreciated

Yeah I agree. Get the lightest possible if you are mobile. I got a slipped disc from my old couch and ended up in hospital. That couch was 15kg.
Miss piggy - where did you get the 8kg one from and does it have a flip back on it? It sounds great and I need a new one as want to start with my mobile waxing again.

How do you position your customers? Advice would be appreciated

Either will the back flipped up a bit or laying flat. To be honest Ive never really thought about it as it has never been a problem.
x

Either will the back flipped up a bit or laying flat. To be honest Ive never really thought about it as it has never been a problem.
x

I'll try it your way :) thanks for sharing thoughts.

Hi
I swapped my wooden 17kg couch for the 12kg alum. couch from feel good UK and its the best thing I did. The difference in weight is huge when having to carry up stairs to clients. I also like that its so quick and easy to alter the height of the couch for different treatments, it has a push button mechanism instead of having to unscrew the legs. It is a little shorter than the wooden couches, if a client were over say 5ft 8" and was using the face hole during a massage, then his or her feet would hang over the end of the bed although in that situation there is a face cradle to use instead. It also now stays in the boot of my Micra at the end of my working day, my last wooden couch didn't fit and had to slot behind the front seats. HTH

Latest posts

Back