Massage tips for manicures and pedicures needed

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrsR

Reaction score
I know people won't want to give up their trusted methods but any tips greatly received as I do find I am lacking confidence in the massage side of thing.

I do this during body massage

For the Feet
1.Foot massage can be both soothing and invigorating, and even people with ticklish feet can respond to firm strokes.

Bend the leg at the knee and work the ankle joint around, using a circling motion with your hands and thumbs.

2.Hold the foot firmly in one hand and use the palm of the other to stroke along the foot from heel to toes.Make the hand into a fist and, with the finger joints pressed into the foot, stroke firmly along the sole of the foot.Squeeze the heel.(like kneading)

3.Holding the foot in both hands, work along the sole of the foot, making small overlapping circles with the thumbs.

4.Work between the tendons on the front of the foot, all the way down to the toes.Massage each of the toes, squeezing and gently pulling each one in turn.

5.Massage the foot between the heels of both hands, using a circular motion.Stroke firmly along the sole of the foot and lower the leg.Repeat for the other leg.

For the legs(usually if client is lying down..do opposite if sitting up)
1.Oil the entire leg(or up to the knee if sitting up), beginning at the ankle, working up and over the hip, back down the leg and over the feet.Drain up from the ankle using the thumbs, stroke gently over the back of the knee, and, using the heels of the hands, continue draining the thigh up to the hip joint.Glide hands back down to the ankles and off over the feet.

2.Knead the calves and thighs, gently stroking over the back of the knee as you move from one leg to the other.

3.Wring up the legs from ankle to buttock, again being careful not to put any pressure on the back of the knee area.

4.Complete the sequence by using light, feathering strokes all the way down the leg

hope this helps

I know people won't want to give up their trusted methods but any tips greatly received as I do find I am lacking confidence in the massage side of thing.

What do you currently do for your massage and are there any particular parts that you're unsure of?

have you tried u tube for videos?

My routine:
warm oil/cream up, slide one hand up fingers/hand to elbow, lightly return without breaking contact x 6
repeat with your other hand x 6
holding wrist lightly in yours, use thumbs to perform large circles, travel up the arm with each movement (like breast stroke) x 2
at wrist, circle down hand to thumb and little finger using both thumbs.
repeat to next 2 fingers
repeat to middle finger and ring finger.
gently clasp thumb between your finger and thumb and circle down to fingertip, circle on nail and pull off
repeat on next finger, etc
turn hand over, using thumb, massage the palm of the hand.
turn hand back, finish by sliding hand from fingertips to elbow and lightly return, swap hand and do the same x 6.
gently press on the fingertips to finish.
wrap hand up and repeat on other hand/arm.

i have a spare spa manicure video if you'd like it?

Latest posts

Back