Massage towels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Densiejade92

Reaction score
I am just looking for advice for towels, I have been working in a spa for 4 years so always had our towels professionally cleaned for us, I am now on my own and noticing my towels are getting heavy from the use of oils & I wash them on a 60 wash, does anybody have any tips to help get the oil out or any towels that are more
“Resistant” to the oils? Thanks in advance [emoji3]

I am just looking for advice for towels, I have been working in a spa for 4 years so always had our towels professionally cleaned for us, I am now on my own and noticing my towels are getting heavy from the use of oils & I wash them on a 60 wash, does anybody have any tips to help get the oil out or any towels that are more
“Resistant” to the oils? Thanks in advance [emoji3]

Use black/dark coloured towels?

For facials and massage treatments i use towels from this company:
https://shop.bcsoftwear.co.uk/
Their towels wash easily and dry quickly. No problem with oils staying on the fabric even washing at less than 60 degrees.
I use fairy washing tablets and lenor softener. Then tumble dry. Lovely & fluffy! :)
Currently, my towels are all white so every few loads I put in a scoop of Vanish whitening powder to keep them looking fresh.
There are also disinfecting products you can buy to add to your wash cycle along with the detergent if you like. Dettol or zoflora brands are both good for this.

Perhaps your towels are feeling heavy because of fabric softener build up rather than the oil you are using? Just a thought.

Latest posts

Back