Massage training course - to all you professionals out there - is this a good course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whammers

Reaction score
Hi folks, about to sign up for a 5 day intensive swedish massage course at the following place: beauty therapy training courses

As I am new to this, do any of you have any feedback for me on the Swedish Massage course they offer, such as, is it a recognised qualification, how easy will it be to learn everything in 5 days? they have told me that the course is very intenstive, 5 days 9am until 5.30pm. Theory all morning and practice in the afternoon.

Any advice gratefully received! Thanks!

do you have any prior a+p knowledge?

Just my opinion but i dont think i'd feel 'qualified' after a 5 day course.

I'd prefer to do a vtct or similar year course at college.

Good luck with whatever you decide anyway

thanks Amb, they say that they cover A&P on this course also. Its sounds like the impossible to me!:eek:

I'm usually a fan of short courses rather than going to college for a year or more, but when I did my Swedish Massage course I did it at college, it was something like January til July I think, and the amount of theory was phenonemal! I dont think I could have learned it all thoroughly in 5 days. I've got a massive folder full of coursework!
Just my opinion babe. :hug:

I start my body massage in september and its 15 weeks long, the pre requisit to the course was a level 3 vtct a&p which I did a year ago and that was about 12 weeks as well including a external exam as well.

I remember doing the a&p and it was tough going but i enjoyed it. I would never of got it though in 5 days but then thats just me.

Hope you enjoy your course im looking forward to doing mine.

I'm usually a fan of short courses rather than going to college for a year or more, but when I did my Swedish Massage course I did it at college, it was something like January til July I think, and the amount of theory was phenonemal! I dont think I could have learned it all thoroughly in 5 days. I've got a massive folder full of coursework!
Just my opinion babe. :hug:
Couldn t agree more there.The A and P is so vast,and extensive.Once you hold the qualification it will then open doors for you regarding other courses and is normally the pre requisite for any further body work training.

Good luck:hug:

I've just taken a look at the website and it says that it's five days over a minimum of four weeks. Does that mean you go in for a day then go away and practice for a week, then go back for another day and so on? I'd check that out.

I'd also check out EXACTLY what qualification you get - the name of the awarding body and the title of the qualification, then phone some insurance companies and see if they recognise it. If they don't recognise it you won't be able to get insurance and you'll have wasted your money. That actually happened to someone I know, she did a course in good faith after being assured by the training company that the qualification would be recognised, only to find out afterwards that no insurance company had every heard of them, and she had to fight to get her money back from them. So check it out before you start.

What sort of class sizes do they have? The smaller the better.

If I think of anything else I'll be back! :)

Just remember that there's a hell of a lot of A&P to learn with a body massage course and it will be hard work. Be prepared! And you will need to practice on as many people as you can, so think about getting a treatment couch. It's very difficult to do a proper treatment on the floor or someone's bed, you'll just end up with a knackered back.

Good luck!

Hi chic, to be truth full i do not beleive you can master the art of body massage in five days, i did my level 3 which took me a year. You really need to no your anatomy and physiology to work with the client correctly. Sorry to be down hearted, massage is one of my best treatments, and i have regular clients mainly who have problems with there backs, i have also worked on people who have had sports injuries so sadly i would say if you want to be great at it go to your local college

Just my opinion but i dont think i'd feel 'qualified' after a 5 day course.

I feel exactly the same way as Amber. For body massage the A&P is massive and I certainly wouldn't feel qualified after 5 days, there is so much damage that can be caused if you don't know what you are doing.

I am about to embark on a full time course and body massage is a full day everyday (A&P and practical) for about 10 months.

I would certainly look at doing a VTCT course or similar. I don't think you will do yourself justice and possibly your clients and great deal of harm having only had a five day course - remember we now live in a "sue em" kind of society so the more comprehensive training you can get the better.

thanks everyone, I really appreciate your feedback. I did wonder how it could be done in 5 days. will look for better courses i think. its just hard when you work full time to find a part time course that fits in and the thought of having to go to nightschool for months on end doesnt really get me too excited! Will endeavour to find the right course. thanks very much once again for the feedback, this is a fab site and you are all great knowledgeable people!:lol:

Latest posts

Back