Massage -v- Throat Infection

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi guys, as ive had a poor start to the new year, i decided that i would book myself up in my local day spa and have booked a package, the treatments im having will be a floatation tank experience, back and neck massage and eye treatment. So ive booked the day of work and then its typical i get a throat infection this week so went to the doctors who have put me on a 3 day course of antibiotics, im due for my day spa tomorrow and contacted them to tell them about my throat and have been advised that it can make me worse and they need to make me aware of it although i can still attend. So i really dont know what to do would it be damaging to go ahead with it? has anyone else suffered from an illness but still had a massage etc? thanks guys x

Having a massage cant make your throat infection any worse as its a bacterial infection, I think what they probably mean is that by having a massage it helps to eliminate toxins from the body so it could make you feel worse as a whole, you need to drink alot of water after aswell.

If you've booked the day of work it would be a shame to waste that and it will make you feel good being pampered if your'e feeling under the weather, however, personally from my point of view as a client & a therapist not sure i'd want to get too close in case i caught it or passed it on. :Scared:

Don't mean to sound negative it's only my personal opinion.

I' m sure some of the other geeks will comment on what they think too.

Good luck. :Love:

Kellyc said:
Hi guys, as ive had a poor start to the new year, i decided that i would book myself up in my local day spa and have booked a package, the treatments im having will be a floatation tank experience, back and neck massage and eye treatment. So ive booked the day of work and then its typical i get a throat infection this week so went to the doctors who have put me on a 3 day course of antibiotics, im due for my day spa tomorrow and contacted them to tell them about my throat and have been advised that it can make me worse and they need to make me aware of it although i can still attend. So i really dont know what to do would it be damaging to go ahead with it? has anyone else suffered from an illness but still had a massage etc? thanks guys x

Latest posts

Back