Massaging men. Advice please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lovebeauty14

Reaction score
Hello, I'm after some advice if that's OK.

I've had one text and one phone call requesting a full body massage from two men. I was fine about this, don't mind massaging men, but when I explained I couldn't do that evening because I needed my hubby around for childcare, but was fine to do it in a couple of days the text guy just didn't text back and the phone guy ended the conversation and said it wasn't convenient.

What do you think of this, and if there intentions weren't honourable how do you deal with it on the massage couch, as my hubbies back now and will have no need to mention my hubby getting back.

What do you do? It's awkward as I don't want to offend anyone!!

I mentioned the same to female clients about my hubby and they were fine to book, unless the men just didn't like the idea of there being a child in the house?

Sorry, and if you are a man, sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone. :) xx

Hiya, they could have decided to not book for any number of reasons but the key is that you need to feel safe and that you are safe which you're already addressing by having your husband in the house (albeit for different reasons). The only thing you can do if they make suggestions when they're on the couch is to ask them to leave and let them know, in no uncertain terms, that you're not running that sort of business. I think we do tend to get a vibe from people and, most of the time, that gut feeling is right so don't go against it.

I've been lucky and only had one minor incident in 15 years. Mind you, my husband didn't like the idea of me putting myself at risk so he installed an 'alarm' in the early days. It was actually a door bell that rang out in the living room. Great idea unless you accidently lean on it during a treatment!! Luckily the client was having reflexology and saw the funny side of my husband tearing into the room to 'save' me!

Hiya, they could have decided to not book for any number of reasons but the key is that you need to feel safe and that you are safe which you're already addressing by having your husband in the house (albeit for different reasons). The only thing you can do if they make suggestions when they're on the couch is to ask them to leave and let them know, in no uncertain terms, that you're not running that sort of business. I think we do tend to get a vibe from people and, most of the time, that gut feeling is right so don't go against it.

I've been lucky and only had one minor incident in 15 years. Mind you, my husband didn't like the idea of me putting myself at risk so he installed an 'alarm' in the early days. It was actually a door bell that rang out in the living room. Great idea unless you accidently lean on it during a treatment!! Luckily the client was having reflexology and saw the funny side of my husband tearing into the room to 'save' me!

hahaha love that!

LOL - personally I've never had any untowards offers - I don't know if I should be upset about that really LOL
I do try to direct people to my website and on there I have made fairly clear in very polite terms what happens if they don't behave... (Off my table and OUT!)
If you are in any doubt then make a point of calling someone (or pretending to) and saying "Yes my client has just arrived, I'll be x time, then I'll give you a call back ok mum/darling/big scary body builder?" :)

I'd only do the latter if I had any concerns to be fair - and any new male clients I ask how they found me, and once I have that and their name you can usually track them down on FB or Linked in or through where they saw your details :)

Hello.

I have, I was massaging a man who would not stop going on and on about having his "shaft" waxed and asked if I would do it (i worked in a salon at the time) and I said unfortunately we don't offer that service there, he proceeded to ask disgusting questions, even asking me to look at it to see what I thought (bearing in mind he had an erection throughout) and I remained professional at all times and politely said "I no longer feel comfortable in massaging you so I am going to end this treatment, if you would like to get dressed and I will see you by reception" or something to that effect. he was a complete creep. And generally you wouldn't make them pay, you'd rather just have them out!

if you don't feel comfortable doing something or someoen is making you feel uncomfortable you are definitely within your right to end any treatment! don't worry about losing them because they would only make you feel uncomfortable on further occasions! xx

Hello.

I have, I was massaging a man who would not stop going on and on about having his "shaft" waxed and asked if I would do it (i worked in a salon at the time) and I said unfortunately we don't offer that service there, he proceeded to ask disgusting questions, even asking me to look at it to see what I thought (bearing in mind he had an erection throughout) and I remained professional at all times and politely said "I no longer feel comfortable in massaging you so I am going to end this treatment, if you would like to get dressed and I will see you by reception" or something to that effect. he was a complete creep. And generally you wouldn't make them pay, you'd rather just have them out!

if you don't feel comfortable doing something or someoen is making you feel uncomfortable you are definitely within your right to end any treatment! don't worry about losing them because they would only make you feel uncomfortable on further occasions! xx

Although I can understand why you want them just to leave you should really make them pay.

Hold his gaze and say that's £30.00 please.

Then have a wobble once he's left the building lol.

Thanks.
I'll maybe, in the future, gonna just do appointments when my hubby is definately in. My hubby will be downstairs the whole time and if anything dodgy happens i'll just ask him to leave, and if he gets nasty I'll shout my hubby.

My Hubby is trained in Muay Thai so it's in their best interests NOT to get nasty and offensive. Lol.

Thanks for the advice. I really don't mind massaging men, as long as they have no funny ideas! X

Latest posts

Back