Masses of advice needed - back to hairdressing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Helen cottrell

Reaction score
Hello everybody !
A little about me ! I am 25yrs qualified (hairdresser) and for the last ten years have taken the gents barbering route - working for my brother in his barber shop. I’ve kept my toe dipped into ladies, primarily family and friends. I’ve tried to keep up to date with the latest colouring trends but am stuck on this one !

My cousin ! She’s desperate. She is a natural level 5 - previously full head foil highlights - applied a ‘high lift blonde box colour ‘!!! (I know - I know right!!!)

Result - horrendous.
Condition - ok, no breakage, elasticity good.

I’ve suggested a root melt - she loves to be blonde, hates the upkeep of her roots.

She has currently got approx 2inch regrowth (level 5)
Mid lengths through to ends ranging from very light blonde with yellow undertone to light blonde with orange undertone.

Please, I would really appreciate your help on formulas. I’ve worked with both Wella and L’Oréal.

Ideal Outcome ,
level 8/9 root stretch, baby highlights blended down to ombré light blonde.

Could anyone help with formulas ?
Techniques ?

In fact, any help would be very much appreciated !

Oh, how I miss the in-salon advice and help!

I want to help her, really help her.

Thanks (very much) in advance :)

I have attempted to attach a pic of her ideal
Outcome.
BA5397B0-5EB5-4FAA-8894-22866DC9C694.jpeg

Just to add - her present hair colour is not my work!

Anyone ? Please :)

I would be looking for at using illumina, maybe use a 6/16 and lighten the ends a bit more then tone with a 10/69.

Without seeing her hair it's hard to tell x

Thank you - would the 6/16 be enough to apply straight on to the mid lengths (level 9 ) ? I’ve not used illumina

No, you’ll have to pre-pig with orange.

Latest posts

Back