Master Tech's Questions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flanakat

Reaction score
:D :D :D I have been well & truly bitten by the bug and I have decided (which believe me is a task in its self as a Libran ;) ) to join you and do my Masters Classes .
I'm going to ring HQ tomorrow, but in the meantime I have a couple of questions and I'm too excited to wait!

Is there an order to do the classes in or do you take whatever is available at the time?

Last week I was let down by a model for something else :evil: , and I have started to panic about what would you do if this happened on a Masters Class? I would hate not to pass :eek: . So could you use yourself ? eg. If it was rebalance and you made sure that you needed a rebalance just incase you model didnt show - rambling now, going before I think of anymore what if senarios :eek:

Thank you

An excited Flanakat
x

Oh how brill ............
Go girl go...................
You have plenty of notice when the classes are, so line up some models ............
If all else fails, one model for two Techs is ok.one hand each so to speak.............
I don't know about the line up of the classes for your area, give the acadamy a ring.....
There are three core classes that are needed in order for you to take your Master Qualification Exam, which is on a seperate day........Illusions, Magic Makeover and Real Rebalance are the three at the moment..........I don't think it matters in which order you do them, different areas have different days, so if you miss one in your local area you could take it in a another area maybe outside your locality...........
But as long as you have done all three you can move on to your Qualification day......
Now I have found it best to stick to one acadamy, one Ambassador as he/she will get to know your capabilities and your short comings and will be able to advise and help you accordingly...............
Here is wishing you luck and success
It's the best thing you could ever do , to take you one step up on the ladder of great Nail Skills !!!!!!

Hi Ruth

Thank you for taking the time to reply, you never fail to respond and I know I'm not alone in that I always appreciate your sound advice :D

I cant wait to take the classes :D I have the Leeds dates and will get the ball rolling hopefully tomorrow by booking my first Masters Class :biggrin:

Not sure which academy yet, its a toss up between Leeds & Blackpool (need to check the Blackpool dates out still) as I'm nearer to Leeds distance wise but it takes me around 2hours to get to Leeds. Blackpool is much further distance wise but a faster road and takes about one and a half hours - but neither venue is close for my model, hence the worrying I was let down last week and it was only a couple of miles away :eek:

I would be mortified in my model didnt turn up again :cry: and I dont know any other tech's yet in order to beg, borrow or steal a hand from their model and would just feel unloved :cry: and very cheeky :o !

Just thought of another question, just out of interest do you only do one hand of a model on the classes or both and is there a test on whatever the subject of the class?

Sorry for so many questions and HUGE CONGRATULATIONS to you all following the safe arrival of the twins :D

Flanakat
x

Hi ya Hun,
The best thing to do is speak to who ever you are doing you Classes with and ask them for the loan of a hand lol.......one hand is better then no hand xxx...and there is always this fab site, maybe someone is willing to help you out here !!!!! You just have to yell and hey someone is bound to help out !!!!!!..Right guys !!!!!!...But you will soon get to know the others and it's not scary, just remember strangers are friends you just haven't met yet !!!!!!!.......................

You will learn new skills in each core class and will have written notes...............these are so important as your Qualification Exam will be structured around this, plus basic foundation knowledge...............so get studying babe xxxx
I traveled 2 hours each way to get to and from Liza's in Kent...........Liza in Kent had just the dates that worked best for me ......So sometimes it is just neccessary to go that extra mile lol.....................
Go girl go don't think of what could go wrong, think of how fab you fell when you get that Masters Certificate and that big ever lasting smile on your face........I am still grinning from ear to ear.................

Nailsinlondon1 said:
Go girl go don't think of what could go wrong, think of how fab you fell when you get that Masters Certificate and that big ever lasting smile on your face........I am still grinning from ear to ear.................

Thanks Ruth Perfectly said as usual.
Right, I'm going for it, someone pass me the phone :D
First job in the morning :D

Now.........I have just got to decide which class to do first ............ ;) (joking :!: )

Flanakat
x

Wooooooooooooohoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Go girl go you will be fab, knackered from studying but FAB all the same !!!!!!!
As they say knowlege empowers so power to you !!!!!!

Hiya Flanakat,
Like you I have warily put myself on the same path.
My first class was Makeover Magic 2 days ago and yesterday I put my learning into practice.
The nails took me 3 hours to do, I wasnt exactly over the moon about that but , I know the finished result wouldnt have looked anywhere near as good had it not been for my day spent with Marco.
As Ruth said ... 'Go girl, you'll love it'.

I did my first master class here in Essex and no disrespect to Loughton but that was before I found Liza in Sittingbourne so to go over into Kent wasn`t a problem for me cos when you have a tutor that goes that extra mile then its certainly worth you going that extra mile to meet her (or him) .
I also didn`t do the classes the usual way round because I was more interested in learning the sculpting first so thats the class I did first.
It is a lot of study and practice but its definitely worth it, and I`m still getting over it now, lol.
So you go girls and the best of luck to you

Thank you all for the encouragement :D

I booked all three Masters Classes & the MQD yesterday and my first class is next week, then two in July and the MQD in August...................... :eek:

Any tips on what to practise/read up on until then will be gratefully accepted :lol: lots of manic laughter :lol:

I have the recommended books and I am continuing to read/try the fab tutorials on this site - is there anything else I should be doing (apart from the obvious worry/panic ?

Flanakat
x

You need to study everything from your Foundation course plus what you learn in the 3 master classes as well as practice the pink and white sculpting and tip and overlay. Before you start panicking about the sculpting, you will learn how in one of the classes. You go girl, you`ll be great.

flanakat said:
Thank you all for the encouragement :D

I booked all three Masters Classes & the MQD yesterday and my first class is next week, then two in July and the MQD in August...................... :eek:

Any tips on what to practise/read up on until then will be gratefully accepted :lol: lots of manic laughter :lol:

I have the recommended books and I am continuing to read/try the fab tutorials on this site - is there anything else I should be doing (apart from the obvious worry/panic ?

Flanakat
x
Read your black CND folder like a bible and study your notes thouroughly...........Everything for your Qualification day is based on existing knowledge/skill and learned Masterclass knowledge/skill, there are no trick questions.........
Practice your L&P , your Application skill is judged on some pre-filed enhancements and sculpts...and some finished Enhancements..... So read, learn and do nails lol.......and learn to sculpt with your brush and not your file............
It's a Masterclass it's hard and it will move you up in skill and knowledge.........
I love my folder................and Doug Schoon Nail Structure and product Chemistry.............
But above all, have a ball we did ask Nic, Debs, Sa and all xxxxx Now where are those Haribos and Maltesers lol.........Oh yes and Liza's Humbugs xxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back