matching lip colour to nails

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ella

Reaction score
I am trying to decide on which nail colour brand to stock, and tempted by the matching lip colour option offered by OPI. Does anyone know if any other good brands do this option?

Unfortunatley not. But I was watching GMTV and they had a stylist in. She said the 60's Bridget Bardot style eyes, and matching lip and nail colour is going to be big. So it would probably be a really good idea.

I once did this in my salon. Here was my experience

Paid out a lot of money for loads of stock.

This had to include Testers for clients! $$$$

... and my experience was that they didn't sell as well as I thought. because women like their favorite brands which usually have a colour that will match any nail enamel anyway. Most women do not want to pull an 'xyz' lipstick out of their makeup bag but would rather Chanel or similar brand.

I Ended up with a load of stock in colours that didn't sell and had to have a SALE to get rid of it all .... eventually donated the rest to an old peoples home.

Sorry if this is not encouraging. It was mainly my older clients who wore nail enamel anyway as the younger ones still favor the natural or French look. And when some of your clientele is of the older generation, they are more resistant to changing from that with which they are familiar. Most of the young ones like lip gloss as opposed to a lipstick (also in my experience) anyway. Maybe times have changed since my salon days but they are a few points to ponder before you spend your hard earned pennies. There may be something more worth while to spend them on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back