Maternity leave and keeping in touch days

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eloise86

Eloise86
Reaction score
Hi there, I’m currently 15 weeks pregnant and panicking about maternity leave as I need to be off over one of my busiest times of year (summer)
Am thinking 3 months off with a few keeping in touch days. How did you go about it? Worried I’m going to lose all my clients but want to be with my baby. My busiest times in the week are after school into evening and Saturdays. My other half only has Saturdays off so I don’t want to work every Saturday once I’m back... I also don’t want to miss out on bedtimes as he/she gets older so don’t want to do any more than 2/3 late evenings a week. Help I’m so worried as my clients only seem to be able to do these times xx

I'm sure your clients will understand. Do you work from home or salon based? Why not decide on your new hours/days now and then let everyone know in advance. I'm sure your client's loyalty will surprise you :)

I'm sure your clients will understand. Do you work from home or salon based? Why not decide on your new hours/days now and then let everyone know in advance. I'm sure your client's loyalty will surprise you :)

I have a home based salon. I don’t really know what I’m going to be able to do work wise atm... in an ideal world I’d book in for a c section on a set day and I’d be able to book in my keeping in touch days and offer those appointments and have a start back date etc, but the baby could come two weeks either side. I’m not sure what childcare I will or won’t have.... xx

Latest posts

Back