Matrix Color Sync help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adria.Leanne

Reaction score
I've been working with Matrix for a couple of months now, and have had this problem a few times. Yesterday I mixed half 6BR with half 9MM with 10 vol (color sync), hoping to get a level 7.5 Brown Red (the BR can be super red, so I wanted it to be a little toned down). I left it on for 20 minutes, and the results are a level 5 or darker all over Red Brown. This shouldn't have happened because my clients hair was a level 5-6 brown with blonde highlights, and what normally would happen is the highlights would take the lighter color and not the rest!!

How long until this will lighten up, my clients hair isn't in the right state to be lightened, and wants to be back in her natural levels again!

I find this with matrix too, I think the main problem is that it really does what it say on the box. It covers too well. :eek: this doesn't help your problem but I'd choose a lot lighter for next time. Xx have you tried a cleanse/ bleach bath?

I've been working with Matrix for a couple of months now, and have had this problem a few times. Yesterday I mixed half 6BR with half 9MM with 10 vol (color sync), hoping to get a level 7.5 Brown Red (the BR can be super red, so I wanted it to be a little toned down). I left it on for 20 minutes, and the results are a level 5 or darker all over Red Brown. This shouldn't have happened because my clients hair was a level 5-6 brown with blonde highlights, and what normally would happen is the highlights would take the lighter color and not the rest!!

How long until this will lighten up, my clients hair isn't in the right state to be lightened, and wants to be back in her natural levels again!
Yes this should have happened! im sorry but you have mixed completely wrong! Colour sync does not lift, so the darker colour was the dominant one especially using half and half! MM and BR are both red based so the result will be a red brown, the blonde will not react to the 9mm only the tone but take the depth from the 6br! It has done exactly what it should have! Also why are you mixing sync with 3%?

When I got educated with Matrix, the educator told us that you can mix matrix half one color and half another level and it will be right in between. So apparently you should be able to mix a level 5 brown with another level 7 brown, and get a level 6. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesnt. I'm a bit frustrated with matrix, so I think I'm going to go back to redken and wella

When I got educated with Matrix, the educator told us that you can mix matrix half one color and half another level and it will be right in between. So apparently you should be able to mix a level 5 brown with another level 7 brown, and get a level 6. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesnt. I'm a bit frustrated with matrix, so I think I'm going to go back to redken and wella

You need a proper educator! No you can't mix sync! Socolor yes you can

Thank you for your help! I'm going to report the educator... She really had no idea what she was talking about!

I've always been told that you should go a shade lighter that what you'd like with colour sync as it comes out darker. Good luck next time

Do you mean that it isn't possible to mix Color Sync at all, or only different tones? I need 5A, but they don't make it - only 4A and 6A. Can I mix 1/3 4A and 2/3 6A? or maybe 1/4 4A and 2/3 6A?

You can mix sync , for a 5A you mix 1/2 4A and 1/2 6A . You can definately mix for in between shades that's why they don't come in every level .
If you want less deposit ie not as good coverage you can mix with clear sync to water it down etc .

You can mix sync , for a 5A you mix 1/2 4A and 1/2 6A . You can definately mix for in between shades that's why they don't come in every level .
If you want less deposit ie not as good coverage you can mix with clear sync to water it down etc .

Excellent! Thank you for the tips. I'll try 1/3 and 2/3 because I don't want to go too dark. The difference between 4A and 6A on the chart is huge!

I use marix and use colour sync with almost every colour (refresh ends etc) I find you need to spray with marix instacure (porosity equaliser) first then apply sync over the top quickly don't exceed the 20 mins processing time :) never had problems. Definately wouldn't recommend the mix u have said . U answered your own question, the red In red brown is very prominent, which would no doubt take over a 9mm. If u didn't want it so dark why didn't u add clear to the mix ? :) x

I use matrix and have had problems with a 6w turning out more like a 3. It was a re-tint with the same colour so didn't expect the drastic change.

Clean touch can be used to remove some color, says so on the bottle.

Sent from my LG-MS770 using SalonGeek mobile app

As already mentioned mentioned, you shouldn't be using a 3% with Sync, Sync has its own developer because it's a tone, not a lift. Only so colour lifts.

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

I liked that Sync developer but in beauty suply said they dont have it anymore, it have been for an about +- 5 years now, and keep asking them about it all the time and on matrix site writen mix 1:1 with 10 vol developer- it is 3%! And I just cheked((( But in Ukraine they have it for sync 2.7% developer((( can anybodu tell me please which beauty supply has it? I buy in CosmoProf

Can I use 10vol with color sync spv instead of the activator? X

You could do a Malibu treatment and leave it on for max time and it would pull the haircolor you did out when you wash. Also there’s matrix color removers now that I love! Does lighten the natural a bit tho. Way less harsh on the hair then the bleach (soap cap). Also use the bond ultim8 in your bleach or color and it helps rebuild the bonds and correct the damage. With step two and three it’ll fix a ton of the damage. And you can mix sync but agree with others about how it works. Hope this helps some.

Yes this should have happened! im sorry but you have mixed completely wrong! Colour sync does not lift, so the darker colour was the dominant one especially using half and half! MM and BR are both red based so the result will be a red brown, the blonde will not react to the 9mm only the tone but take the depth from the 6br! It has done exactly what it should have! Also why are you mixing sync with 3%?
Why not use 10vol when using sync?

I mix it all the time and have good results. I think it def depends on what your putting it over bc it does not lift. So if she started with a level 5/6 trying to get to a 7 that’s not gonna happen with sync bc it doesn’t lift. So socolor would be the way to go and use at least a 20 volume if it’s virgin hair. If not a soap cap would be the way to go. To lighten it a tad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back