Matrix Colour Graphics, can you foil with it? Information please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiatia22

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for information on colour graphics. When would you use it apposed to bleach?
Can you use in foils as it says 10 minutes development?
Is it effective over tinted hair?
How light does it go, same as bleach or more like hilift tint or In between them?
Thank you x

I use colour graphics with foiling all the time, it's amazing. Like a bleach it depends on how dark the hair is for how light it will lift. I find they lift with a lovely tone and are softer than bleach foils.

I normally start with the 8 developer, then mix them both for 15 and then finish on 22 to get an even lift through the whole hair.

The different tones work to take away any unnecessary tones.

Green takes away red, blue takes away orange, purple takes away yellow, red enhances red tones and the neutral is just a nice creamy tone.

You can also mix the tones in together ( I do purple and nuetral a lot)

The green, blue and red work great for ombres too [emoji5]️

Thank you Lorna. How much do you need to mix for a full head foils? Roughly x

Depending on the thickness/length. The ratio is 2 scoops of powder, 2 scoops of developer and then one scoop of your chosen tone. You can double/half this if you need more or less [emoji5]️

I normally start with the 8 developer, then mix them both for 15 and then finish on 22 to get an even lift through the whole hair.

Surely to dilute the promoter you'd need to do 22 and water? Rather than 8 and 22?

It is not to dilute the developer. It's to get a developer In between the 8 and 22. Ask a matrix expert and they will tell you

Ooh. I think I will it doesn't seem logical to me?! Thanks.

Ooh. I think I will it doesn't seem logical to me?! Thanks.

Mixing two developers together equal parts will give you an in-between. Its better than using water, it goes too runny.

I was also told you can mix the 2 developers to get a 15vol. A matrix trainer advised me. X

Well it seems my matrix advisor is shite!

She said she'd pop in every few weeks. I've not see her since I ordered colourgraphics, last year...

Latest posts

Back