Matrix colour question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iconic

Reaction score
Hi, I have a client come in yesterday who's hair was bright red, base 6.. And natural base 5 with about 30% grey.. She is wanting to go back to brunette with lighter brown highlights put through.. With the red, I am aware that I need green to neutralise but what is green in matrix?! Am I going mad as I can't see that any of the colours contain green?! Please help!! Advice would be appreciated!! :) xx

Hi, I have a client come in yesterday who's hair was bright red, base 6.. And natural base 5 with about 30% grey.. She is wanting to go back to brunette with lighter brown highlights put through.. With the red, I am aware that I need green to neutralise but what is green in matrix?! Am I going mad as I can't see that any of the colours contain green?! Please help!! Advice would be appreciated!! :) xx

N is neutral, which is green :)

Ah really!! So if I put 6N over the red it will produce brown right? .. How was I not aware of this!! Thank you x

Ah really!! So if I put 6N over the red it will produce brown right? .. How was I not aware of this!! Thank you x

I dunno lol I've mentioned it loads, have you got the notes I did? It says there x

I dunno lol I've mentioned it loads, have you got the notes I did? It says there x

I have the notes yes, I must print them off and read them over and over in order for everything to thoroughly sink in!! :) thank you x

Soo I had my client yesterday who had bright red hair all over base 6. I did a full head bleach highlights and toned after with 8A to kill the yellow. I painted 6N inbetween foils but it hardly killed off the red much at all? The highlights were really nice and the client was pleased but it was still very red just not so bright! Do you know why this would have been and what I should have done differently please? X

What vol did you use

? If more yellow i might of used 8av or maybe 8p in sync to tone, but if more orange yellow yes 8 a was great choice :) Hun

I used 20 vol. yes it was more yellow than orange..The highlights turned out lovely :) it was just with the red I was baffled by :( I was aiming for a brown base 6, used 6N to kill off the red she had on her hair all ready, but it hardly killed much red at all. The outcome was still very red :( x

Ah there you go, you need to use 10vol hun as your not lifting 2 shades, next time use 10vol and try 6a if you want it cool, 6n & 6a for neutral x

Ah! Perfect! She was really pleased with the result, but personally I was a little disappointed :( .. Thank you for the pointers though, I shall do this next time :) never stop learning with colour :) thanks for replying so quickly too :) xx

H Iconic, I used 6n to do exactly the same thing and all it did was darken it a bit and slightly tone it down but still quite a strong reddy colour, my clients would not have it stripped or bleach bath so we are hoping the sun will lighten it enough for me to eventually give her a golden brown?:eek: I hate colouring!

Yes that's the exact sort of result I got!! Personally wasn't impressed with the outcome however my client seemed really pleased?! .. Ha ha, personally not a huge fan of colouring either..and as I'm new to matrix, I hate that I can't quite predict the exact outcomes of colours yet!! X

i'm new to matrix as well and I have to admit, I may return to Wella for this client as i'm not finding the grey coverage in dreamage up to much either, whereas a similar colour client who has wella has no issues at all. i've mixed it perfectly and followed all the advice:sad:

Have you tried extra coverage? What probs you having? X

I have the notes yes, I must print them off and read them over and over in order for everything to thoroughly sink in!! :) thank you x

Does anyone still have the notes from Bluerinse on matrix that they can send me please? Ive just started using it from loreal and yet to go on the information course. Thank you :)

Latest posts

Back