Matrix colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jomo1977

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just started using Matrix colours and wondered if anyone else had experience using them and what you'd recommend for roots smudges and blondes. What toners for blondes? And roots smudge with natural base of level 7. Want to go nice natural and lived in blonde. I have heard that you should always add a bit of gold to your toner to stop your ends going muddy. Anyone else do this ? Thanks a lot

Colour sync SP range are fantastic toners - SPV is my go to and produces a gorgeous cool result when left for maximum time. Not sure how much you want to lift your ends, if you wanted a warm / goldy blond SPN or SPM maybe? If you wanted cooler ends I'd lift it to a level 10 and then full 20 mins of SPV to tone. Works a treat 😊

Thanks for your reply. I have a client with already light ends and wants to go that lived in blonde with root shadow. Ends are already 10 but the underneath is virgin hair and level 7 as she's always had half head H/L So I would need to lift the underneath and lowlight it - like the attached. What colour would you use as root smudge ?

Attachments

• D02CD350-3F7D-46FE-8462-8D6A15FA55F5.jpeg
    D02CD350-3F7D-46FE-8462-8D6A15FA55F5.jpeg
    887.3 KB · Views: 0
To be honest root smudging is not my area of expertise 😁 but I should think that colour sync will be fine as it's a demi. See if you can find a match to her natural colour with the chart so that the regrowth doesn't show. Not sure how far up her previously lightened pieces come up to, but if you will be covering them with the root smudge maybe go for a warmer based brown like 7m to prevent any green undertone? 😊

Thanks Jess really good advice thanks x

Latest posts

Back