Matrix help (picture attached)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danni1984

Reaction score
Hi geeks I'm in the middle of switching from igora to matrix I used 5rv over a base 6 and it looks nothing like it and very dull not shiny like it usually is with igora, 6 weeks later I've tried it again and it's exactly the same, could anyone shed some light on what I'm doing wrong I measure with scales for exact measurements and I also used 10vol.xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334848345.778920.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334848345.778920.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 7,219
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334848407.286796.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1334848407.286796.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 1,827
Also her hair seems dry since using matrix xx

To be fair this is the result I'd expect from 6tv unless it was previously a lot lighter, it matches the swatch ive got in my hand

Yeah I used matrix developer, no its nothing like on the shade chart it looks wishy washy like its abit faded and not at all vibrant it looks abit lighter on the picture, its nothing at all like any rv it looks so dull, if someone had put it on my hair I wouldn't be happy at all 😔 xxx

Ive used 6rv and 6rc mix on a virgin natural base 6 as a dip dye.It looked beautiful. Was your clients hair previously coloured

Ive used 6rv and 6rc mix on a virgin natural base 6 as a dip dye.It looked beautiful. Was your clients hair previously coloured

It was 5rv, yeah it has had I think a 6.89 in igora I think it was can't remember properly but it had faded alo so would have thought a 5rv would cover properly. Xxx

i didn't get on with Matrix,lost lots of clients ,colours came out wishy washy or translucant, but like the Matrix color sync and matrix bleach is the best.xx:Love:

I've never had a colour go wishy washy, or translucent, I might of been inclined with this to use a bit of 5rr in with it, you did use 10vol didn't you? X

I've never had a colour go wishy washy, or translucent, I might of been inclined with this to use a bit of 5rr in with it, you did use 10vol didn't you? X

Yeah I used 10vol. I used a colour before on a lady that used to come regular every 5 weeks for colour done and the colour didn't turn out like on the shade chart she's never come back since, this lady I used the 5rv on I have done twice now with same results and she's asked for igora back, her hair just looks do dull after I've used matrix on her when using igora it was so shiny

Do you do two shampoos when taking colour off? Or rinse colour, emulsify then rinse then one good shampoo with colour care? I really can't get my head round this x

Do you do two shampoos when taking colour off? Or rinse colour, emulsify then rinse then one good shampoo with colour care? I really can't get my head round this x

I used swartskopf shampoo shampoo twice then condition, honestly it looks brighter in this picture its nothing at all like the colour on the chart, her hair looks in so good condition when I've used igora and after using matrix it looks abit dry and she did actually say that her hair didn't feel in as good of condition since using matrix, I persuaded her to try it again and made sure I don't exact measurements and still same, I'm thinking of just selling the colours I've got and staying with igora. 😔 xxx

I used swartskopf shampoo shampoo twice then condition, honestly it looks brighter in this picture its nothing at all like the colour on the chart, her hair looks in so good condition when I've used igora and after using matrix it looks abit dry and she did actually say that her hair didn't feel in as good of condition since using matrix, I persuaded her to try it again and made sure I don't exact measurements and still same, I'm thinking of just selling the colours I've got and staying with igora. 😔 xxx

Have you been on any courses with matrix? The only other advice I can give is phone the technical hotline I wish I could come and spend a day with you, I've never experienced any probs like this, maybe try use total results color care shampoo and conditioner afterwards as they are designed to go together x

Personally the RV are my fav. Im pretty surprised you're not getting on well with it. Before yout throw the towel in, i would recommend that you read my tutorials. If the client wishes more intensity go with my so red tutorial, mix so red RV with 5RV and you will have an intense vibrant berry. (ive got red in my hair at the moment and with the colour care in total results its lasted at least 7 weeks!) hths xoxo

I know they do boosters colours and stuff to mix in but if I'm putting a colour on and it's not turning out like on the chart and looking wishy washy too I'm too worried to use them on anyone else, luckily enough the client I've used it on is the landlord who I rent the salon off it's his wife so she's ok and understands, I just don't wana loose clients over it. I went on the Introductory course and asked about it there the trainer said add 6mls more colour to my mix but don't add 6 ml more peroxide, she said do this as her hair may be porous which is what I did this time and it made no difference. Really wanted to change over to matrix as the colours look lovely on chart. Xxx

I never do this! Always exact measurement x

Numero uno, its not wishy washy, its your method of mixing. Its always supposed to be equal measures unless stated otherwise(2:1 for high lift).

In exception circumstances if its overly porous, to adjust the porosity of colour you can add the 6ml of a warm tones but not of the actual colour you have used (this only applies to mid length and ends only) Not just adding the tint 5RV itself. In this case you should have used 6ml of the same level but in RR so it would be 5RR.

As i stated before this colour is vibrant, but unfortunaly it hasnt been applied correctly therefore now we understand what the problem is. I would genuinely offer the mix i have suggested as this would be the right consistancy + colour that you are after. hths xoxo

I done exact measurements the first time I also measure with scales, the second time I was told to add 6 ml extra of the same colour by the lady that took my introductory course obviously you said it was wrong so that's why it's turned out the same but I done exact measurements the first time round Which doesn't explain why it's dull looking and wishy wash xxx

Latest posts

Back