Matrix lacquer semi colours

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

funtimefranko

Reaction score
Hi, I want to do someone's hair with the magenta lacquer, but am going to tone it down with the clear, now i have never used this before so was wondering how I know when it's the correct shade? Will it just appear in the boŵl as it will on the hair? Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900F using SalonGeek mobile app

I'm not familiar with Matrix but is it a kind of pasteliser? If so I'm thinking a magenta will go pinker. But I could be wrong with what it is

I'm not familiar with Matrix but is it a kind of pasteliser? If so I'm thinking a magenta will go pinker. But I could be wrong with what it is

Its a true semi but they have them in fashion colours, im mixing it with the clear one to make it lighter but I don't know how to figure out when its the correct colour

Anyone else any ideas? ?????????

I've never used the lacquers, but have been toying with playing around with some in my block, be interested to see results

Sent from my D5503 using SalonGeek mobile app

Does this help, not sure if pic of the chart has uploaded ive used the magenta with clear on very light bleached hair was really nice :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek mobile app

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416994100.387021.jpg

What you see In the bowl is the colour you achieve. Leave it on for 20 mins or 30mins for max vibrancy I was told. We were told they don't come with a shade chart !

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416997413.156948.jpgImageUploadedBySalonGeek1416997423.239696.jpg
This is roughly quarter of tube of clear and a dot of magenta. Lightly emulsified at basin for like 20 seconds rinsed. Then applied to mids and ends for around 1 min :) I know it's recommended on dry hair but we only got them the day before and had training the night before so I wanted to play!

Yeah its not a shade chart its more like a poster guide really of different combinations I found it quite helpful got it from my wholesalers :) the lacquers are really nice but ive not used any other brands to compare. :)

Sent from my GT-N8010 using SalonGeek mobile app

View attachment 79378View attachment 79379
This is roughly quarter of tube of clear and a dot of magenta. Lightly emulsified at basin for like 20 seconds rinsed. Then applied to mids and ends for around 1 min :) I know it's recommended on dry hair but we only got them the day before and had training the night before so I wanted to play!

Oh really i was going to use it at the basin. Thats a really short amountnof time to leave it on isnt it did you just treat it like a toner

I toned the hair first, then lightly shampooed and applied the lacquer as I said before then rinse then condition. Also our rep said there is a shade chart, but only 9 were given out in Australia or something ?? We didn't even get a poster ... Very disappointing

I toned the hair first, then lightly shampooed and applied the lacquer as I said before then rinse then condition. Also our rep said there is a shade chart, but only 9 were given out in Australia or something ?? We didn't even get a poster ... Very disappointing

Oh right ok... best do that then haha

If you bought into the Colour Graphics box deal (with the free body butters) you should have got the poster in there, it's got all the info about colour graphics and the lacquers. x

In the UK that is. x

Probably different In Australia as we bought the whole kit, and spoke directly to the educator, then phoned our rep as my boss wasn't impressed by the lack of info

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1417192254.361187.jpg
I used on my apprentice. Already light enough, magenta on its own no clear. 25 mins on dry hair! I love them also have the purple in this range too

Thank you. I did the colour today... outcome was fine :)

View attachment 79465
I used on my apprentice. Already light enough, magenta on its own no clear. 25 mins on dry hair! I love them also have the purple in this range too

Wow I would've thought it would be much more vibrant!? Being only magenta and on for 25

Latest posts

Back