Matrix Light Master? Results and experiences?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gin_ja_ninja

Reaction score
Still using vlight but what's light master like?

Today has been s***. I just feel like nothing has gone right! All of it has to do with matrix light master! Ever since I had light master I loved it at first but now I just hate it. Firstly I feel I have a lot of waste with it, secondly it goes ridiculously thick and thirdly I can't get the lift right on it.

Today I had a regular client I have been doing for 3 years. I did exactly the same to what I always do. She is Croatian so she is around Base 4/5. Usually I do v lights bleach 20 vol back and side then 30 vol on top section when doing a full head foils and then tone with 10a and it's beautiful and she loves it and develop for 30 mins. But today I did this using light master and checked the colour after 30 mins and it looked not quite ready so left for a few more mins and when I washed off the front just looked awful. In between yellow and orange. Obviously it hadn't developed enough. So I blasted dry and sorted the colour out but I just don't get this light master the colour just isn't clean. It always comes out yellow. V lights never was like this.

Then I had a gent who I usualy shoe shine 20 vol v lights on the tips and leave for 20 mins max usually and colour is white! But today I did this with light master and left for 30 mins and bright *flipping* yellow!

Sorry I just feel awful today. Light master is going in the bin and Tigi will be used tomorrow.

People please be nice! :-s

Ill be nice....Tigi true light all the way ;) matrix have had alot of changes lately it seems :(

I know it all has something to do with the development but with v lights I never had to leave it longer than 30 mins and it was a nice clean blonde but this light master is a nasty lift! I purchased tubs of Tigi Monday so il be using it tomorrow! Which Tigi true lift do you prefer the blue or white one! X

Maybe not the bleach but peroxide

Lid been left off

Ahhhh I feel the same I always do highlights with tigi bleach or indola I get it sooo right to the roots really close everyone love it but then decided to give a go to the new loreal bleach and in the back it did bleed a little and in the front te first foil but u can't even see the front or the back I showed her but as she's blonde couldn't see so she said dont worry she's a old client this never happened for. So long ;( and happened today so not cool.

Def not peroxide both new bottles this week! Xxx

Try tigi blue/violet

Im not keen on the smell of the white one so use blue more x

Oh my, what are matrix doing, they were doing so well over here, this happened to me but with their hl tints, I was using the same as I had for years then all of a sudden my nice clean blondes were yellowy or even orangy and not lifting, brought new peroxide in case was that but nope so I changed brands after the rep told me they had changed ingredients due to xyz, but looking I no longer cared to my regulars or that I didn't know what I was doing to newbies was not my cuppa t, throw them and use either what you know or try tigi, I've not used them yet but everyone loves them who do.

I take it vlight has been replaced by this vile new one?

Matrix have lost it!!!! My reds are fading, grey not covering and the ammonia levels are unbearable!! I'm ending my relationship with Matrix!!!

Ok so what's happen to light master is it not working I find I get grey coverage with 500 series and 10ml less developer to color gives good coverage but their sored isn't lifting through color aswell as I remember vlight is good gets hair platinum their highlifts are ok like them more than most loved colorgraphics but they are deleting the additives green was my fave and now it gone burger

Ok so what's happen to light master is it not working I find I get grey coverage with 500 series and 10ml less developer to color gives good coverage but their sored isn't lifting through color aswell as I remember vlight is good gets hair platinum their highlifts are ok like them more than most loved colorgraphics but they are deleting the additives green was my fave and now it gone burger

500 range is supposed to be used with 20 you may be getting the appearance of coverage with 10 and less developer to the ratio however will fade quicker and not pigment the under layer of the hair. Only the cuticle area.

Matrix lost me 9 months ago.... That's when they started to change their ingredients and everything and became a cheaper brand finish with the higher brand price tag in my eyes, and I'd rather have a higher brand price tag giving me higher brand results x

Lol yeah I use 20vol but I use 10ml less of it than color I'm disappointed they removed biolage hairspray but love rejuvatherapie I love the sheer pastel toners I wounder are gloss sync sheer pastels lighter or darker than color syncs even though I know they meant to be the same level

Light master has replaced v lights, it's horrid! I'm going to swap over to Tigi, can get it from aston and fincher but not sure i will get the training and obv that's what il need?

Matrix are failing badly! I was told to use 10 vol with he 500 serious if depositing tone? Dream age is failing me aswell now. 6na is just not covering my clients hair at all!

Vile! Don't touch it x

Oh what about gloss sync what that like

I jumped before any major changes happened but I sensed it was happening! After 6 years, i feel awful for recommending them! I really want to talk to s rep and tell them! X

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1364587690.038288.jpgthis is the shocking result I had with 6m dream age a couple of weeks ago!!! Used on this client for the last two years, 50g tint 50g 6% 45 mins!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back