Matrix question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lauren21

Reaction score
Hi My client has 100% white hair and I normally use Wella 99/0 and 88/0. Changing over to Matrix and last time I used 509N which came out too dark. How do I achieve a lighter base with full coverage. Called the helpline and was advised I could not mix anything with this and I may have to use socolor but worried the coverage wont be enough.
Thanks in advance:biggrin:

509g or dreamage

509g or dreamage

I used 509N. She really only wants to be a level 9 but I am finding Matrix come out darker. Also want to keep to cool tones as her hair depends to throw off warmth

N will always come out darker, use N + G or dreamage 9na with 20vol

So can you not mix it with the 11's? That's what I was told on happy hrs? Anything in a pink tube can be intermixed?! Apparently? I really wish the info given was correct before they share it.
Oh how annoying. Xx

So can you not mix it with the 11's? That's what I was told on happy hrs? Anything in a pink tube can be intermixed?! Apparently? I really wish the info given was correct before they share it.
Oh how annoying. Xx

Yes I was confused. According to helpline you can't mix the 11's in to make it lighter. I said i was told this on a course and she didn't agree !!!

Ah stuff it, try it lol x

I was told too that anything insane colour tube can be mixed together :/

Haha insane. In same I meant x

You have to be or clients see the worry on your face! But I've used matrix for years and I truly believe they are true to swatch unlike wella whicj is a lot lighter! Maybe do a few foils round face and parting? It scatter 10 foils all the way through x

I would do it too personally! Mix it with the 11's there were plenty of people there that were doing that as well as the educator on a regular basis. :) xx

Latest posts

Back