Matrix - Wella colour question!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hair By Sadie

Reaction score
Hiya, I'm new to this site and I have just finished my svq level 3 in hairdressing at college! I am going mobile as not any salons taking on staff in my local area... anyway my question is this.

I was using Matrix at college and since leaving and going mobile I can only get wella as the matrix stuff you can only order online, and well I can get from local salon services stores... I have a client that I did colour on at college using matrix 5RR+ all over and was wondering what colour in wella I could use to achive the same colour??? Also what about the copper colours as it's mostly red blondes in wella, I used an 8RC on bleached hair for highlights inbetween the 5RR+ Thanks in advance for any help!! Sadie :D

Where are you based? Salon supplies deliver virtually anywhere!! X

Hiya, I'm up in the Highlands of Scotland. Just thought it would be easier changing to wella as the nearest store is 30miles away so easy to get, but the neared matrix suplier is glasgow... :(

Hiya, I'm up in the Highlands of Scotland. Just thought it would be easier changing to wella as the nearest store is 30miles away so easy to get, but the neared matrix suplier is glasgow... :(

Ah that's crack!! Ok for 5rr I'd use 55/44 x

Ok cool, what about the copper for the highlights, I pre lightened the hair before I put the 8RC on them, I was thinking I might have to use the 8/34 with a special mix of 0/33 would that be ok??? Thanks!!

Id say use 8/43 x

without the colour booster? It's just it doesn't look as bright as the matrix in the chart, also can't fine 55/44 in koleston chart... they have 55/46? Thanks again!!

You cud use that or 6/0 with 44/44, I wouldn't put booster in /33 is like a goldfish!

545188_10150776146174672_518699671_9389971_119549610_n.jpg
This is the colour I did with martix. Just so you can see what I am trying to achieve with the wella shades X

Thanks, gonna go for the 55/46 with slices of 8/43! Thanks for the advice!! :)

Ahh bliss!! You can't beat matrix personally, it's got a certain sheen to it :) x

I know , geesus converting to wella is driving me nuts!! LOL!!! Need advice on another thread!! X

If u want a vibrant or burnt copper highlight , try magma /34 , to deepen it slightly try adding between 1-3 grams of /56 per 10g of /34 x

Latest posts

Back