Matte look enhancements

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

becki x

Reaction score
Is it possible to create and enhancement,refine and finish to a matte look rather than gloss/high shine ?

For those clients wanting the "are they aren't they nails" i feel this would really work .

What do you think,good/bad idea ?

Is it possible ?

Thanks

Would it work if you used your buffer but only the black and white and miss off the grey?

It doesn't really,they sort of look half done :rolleyes: and still too shiny iykwim

The only other thing that might help is using a matt top coat. I'm think essie does one that men can use as they dont want shiney nails.

That sounds interesting.do you have a link please hun ?

I used to have a client who had to have matte looking nails because of her job, I used to use a base coat that dried totally matte. Not 100% sure but think it was Star Nails basecoat, pale pink in colour but once dried totally matte & transparent, it's been a long time since I did this so can't be 100% sure of the make, but it worked!

Of course wg19 :!: lol

Did you find they looked more natural ?

Thanks Karen,is that a trade site ?

Cool product :D

Orly do a matte top coat that you can use over normal polishes to turn them matte so this might work the same over extensions.

Nail Envy (by OPI) comes in a matte finish... Lena White are the UK distributors but you might find it in your local Sally's as they sell OPI there.

hth's

Oh thanks Karen i wouldn't have known where to find the link,but the prices did look a little high for trade :wink2:

Thanks everyone x

Wow if there are so many of these matte products on the market,it can't be just me that think it could look more natural,can it ?

Of course wg19 :!: lol

Did you find they looked more natural ?

Most definatley, as I mentioned she had to have natural looking nails for work so she had either nno or nat tip & o lays (l&p) , finished with uv gel topcoat, we used this because she then had the option when not in work to remove it easily revealing lovely shiny nails. She would reapply the base coat upon return to work. Another great thing about using it was that it dried extremley quickly. (shame I can't remember the make tho!) Star Nails keeps springing to mind tho!

Wow if there are so many of these matte products on the market,it can't be just me that think it could look more natural,can it ?
They're good for use on male clients so as their nails don't look shiny.

Nail Envy (by OPI) comes in a matte finish... Lena White are the UK distributors but you might find it in your local Sally's as they sell OPI there.

They sell a limited range of OPI products at Capital Hair & Beauty too ... I'm sure I've seen Nail Envy there.

Nailite also has a "matte" top coat.
Check with their UK distributor "Sensual World"

hth's

I have 2 clients who have natural enhancements on but cant have them shone up to a high shine because of work (nails have to be natural with no polish etc) BUT if you do all the usual steps right up to using the glosser and replace the glosser with star nails base coat it dries matt and looks very natural.

As wg19 said its pale pink looking but dries matt and not pink at all. HTH:hug:

Salon Systems do a matte basecoat, and you could also try LCN BCI TRADE - Satin Finish it's a satin top coat. I think you have to log in to see the price so pm me if you want to know.

Hi

Could it be one from the "Attitude" range? I'm sure they're the ones that replaced the star nails range (tho i could be wrong which i probably am). If not then their one is good, it's a clear pink (if that makes sense) base that's matte. I used to used it when I done an airbrush french on peeps instead of spraying a pink as it's a nicer colour, I think.

hth's

Jessie

Latest posts

Back