Matte Shellac?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meltot

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is it possible to do a matt finish with Shellac?

Thankyou [emoji4]

Yes, I do it but I do use Barry M Matt top coat over the finished Shellac application.

Buy the CND Glossing buffing and once you've removed the sticky layer use the GREEN side of the CND glossing buffer to buff over and this will make it matte!

I use the gelish matte top it off over your shellac colour coats. I know people say don't mix systems but it works amazing and no messing about buffing the shellac top coat x

I use the gelish matte top it off over your shellac colour coats. I know people say don't mix systems but it works amazing and no messing about buffing the shellac top coat x

Oh ok, I might try this. Will it set with the CND lamp? And does it just soak off or do I have to buff first? X

Yes, I do it but I do use Barry M Matt top coat over the finished Shellac application.

Same only I use OPI matte top coat.

Oh ok, I might try this. Will it set with the CND lamp? And does it just soak off or do I have to buff first? X
I use the CND uv lamp and it cures in 2 mins, buff it lightly then it'll soak off the exactly same as shellac x

Latest posts

Back