Matte top coat

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuzzyBee12

Reaction score
I've had a search around other posts and seen a few ways to create shellac matte nails. Out of these which would you recommend after a full shellac service, including topcoat?

1. Lightly buff
2. Matte top coat nail polish
3. Matte top coat gel polish (Gelish, Ink etc)

Thanks everyone!

I found buffing with a CND glossing buffer worked really well. I tried with a koala and it didn't work so well, glossing buffer done it really quickly.

I use normal shellac to coat then paint on OPI matte top coat which dries in literally about 30 seconds and lasts till the next infill

That's useful to know Blossom. I may try it. I was worried about the waiting to dry etc.

I actually love using Sally Hansen's Big Matte Top Coat as I found when I've used CND for e.g or other brand names that their matte top coats leave them cloudy looking, which sometimes actually changes the colour of the polish.

I use either a matte gel top coat or recently I started using Opi matte polish works great and lasts!

im struggling for gel, i dont want to spend a fortune on different matte polishes but the problem ive got is the matte gel polish IBD, no matter how i apply the colour underneath the matte polish makes it go streaky? any suggestions please or do you think it could be the bottle of gel, ive not long purchased it but that doesnt mean it hasnt been on the shelf for ages :)

I've had a search around other posts and seen a few ways to create shellac matte nails. Out of these which would you recommend after a full shellac service, including topcoat?

1. Lightly buff
2. Matte top coat nail polish
3. Matte top coat gel polish (Gelish, Ink etc)

Thanks everyone!

I use the madam glam gel matte top coat Over the top of my CND top coat and it works a treat :)

Latest posts

Back