Mature clients,,your advise please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
geeg said:
NOT as SAD as I am who will be 58 on my next birthday!!! Don't think I look old or feel old either. Damn it I'm NOT old!!

Don't stress ... I'm laughing!! :D Thank god I can still do that! In fact I think it's what keeps you young.

You're a gorgeous girlie and you've still got it going on. xxx

Sorry, I forgot that I wanted to comment on this thread.

I think women of any age should be allowed to wear their clothes, hair and nails just how they like. Yeah yeah, I know there are the 'Mutton dressed as lamb' brigade out there but who are we to decide what is right for them?

To show your support, wear something daring this week. A colour you wouldn't normally wear. A bright lipstick. Big earrings. Heaven forbid..................a French manicure (ooh matron) ;)

Lets raise a glass to individual women of all ages who dare to different and are brave enough to be themselves. I salute you all. xxx

Interesting thread peeps.
Kimmi...with that in mind, Ill dig out an old 'goth number' from the cupboard...lets just hope I can still fit into it though eh!

In short some fab replies to this and yes a woman at a certain age has earned the right to do her thing.....and may these Ladies go an rock big time...
so for me its if she has a pulse, she gets what she wants...........because this lady has still enough go in her to care about her appearance.........
and 58 aint old 158 now that old.....

Funny how your perception of age changes the 'more experienced' you get (that's a euphamism for old btw!)

My sister is 16years older than me so in her later 60's. She has always been a bit of a hellraiser and has a poem on her wall about getting old. Something about 'dragging my walking stick along every railing I see', 'bleaching my hair', and 'spitting in the street'!!

I'll just be happy if, when I'm Really 'experienced', I still care enough to get my nails done :wink2:

I would wait until the client gets there as she may know what she wants.

Hi

Well i agree with all of the above :lol: whats age huh i still feel 21 :lol:

My 'more experienced' (as mum puts it :lol: ) clientele seem to like a colored finish but i do have some who like bright white French!

I think you should do your consultation and let your client decide what she wants.

You might be surprised, I have a client of 67 who you would swear was in her early fifties. She only ever wanted natural enhancements at first until I used her as my model when converting to CND L & P, she now loves her P & W's and won't go back to natural ones.
Anyway there are Nail techs that are mature as well as clients, me for one and I wear all sorts of nail art, age has nothing to do with it, you are as young as you feel and sometimes your looks belie your age.

Marilyn said:
...Anyway there are Nail techs that are mature as well as clients, me for one and I wear all sorts of nail art, age has nothing to do with it, you are as young as you feel and sometimes your looks belie your age.

Well said, I'm 33 so still VERY young!! I don't think age has anything to do with it - its more about what the client wants (if she knows). If she doesn't know then of course it's up to us to advise on what would suit.

Latest posts

Back